• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
radish1

Mac Keyboard on PC

8 posts in this topic

Hey people,

i just bought my housemates old mac keyboard off of him, and i have windows XP, was wondering how i can get some of the keys to work, eg the F7 to F12 including the eject button, i downloaded the firmware .dmg file off of apples website and converted it, but i dont know what to do with it, it would be nice to have them all working, thanks your time, any help would be great help

thank you!!!

if you downloaded the dmg-file from apple it will only contain software for osx or below. no files that you could use in windows. I don't know it there exist any software for windows which lets you define that keys with special functions. Maybe try to google it ;-)

A mac keyboard has way more F keys then a standard windows keyboard. so did you really mean F7 to F12 or F13 to F16?For me all Standard F-Keys (1 up to 12) work in Windows.

sorry, i probable wasn't being clear, i mean i would like the second functions of the F7-F12 to work in itunes and whatnot, eg the back, play pause, etc

i want to make full use of this good looking keyboard :D

thanks guys for reading this

maybe a hobby-programmer made a program to make that functions usable. Or simply turn your pc into a hackintosh, then all that keys will work for sure :D

haha would love to have OSX on my PC, but i havnt got a clue where to start, haha, i dont even know where to get the files from, i dont use bittorrents slightly wary of those.