B0 Error forces to boot from DVD

forcedlogic

10 posts in this topic

Hello All,

Is anyone else stuck at this point? I've tried reinstalling the OS. I've tried command line prompts. Nothing I do seems to stop the OS from booting from the DVD? Is there a solution? I have checked all the forums and googled it and it seems to be unresolved for people.

I'm running into a very similar issue.

Computer: Dell XPS m1530

Dual Boot:

-Partition 1) Vista Ultimate

-Partition 2) OSx86 10.5.1 Kaleoway

Boot program: Acronis OS Selector

when I boot to the Leopard disc, if I let it count down it will boot into OSX. However, if I just try to select it in Acronis I get HFS+ error. I have verified that the partition is set to AF and tried rewriting the MBR using fdisk -e several times, however I get the same error (or B0 if I don't flag 2).

I need help please

HFS+ filesystem error means only 1 of 2 things.

1. Wrong boot1h - using the GPT one when you are using MBR

2. Startup file is not installed. boot (or pc_efi) needs to be installed using startupfiletool and needs an unmount disk to do so.

I'm pretty sure it's not the GPT problem (I found that one out already *the hard way* when I wiped out the partitions, put GPT on there, then when I couldn't get it to boot, couldn't install Vista back on there because of the partition layout ~_~)

As for the second one, how do I do that?

ok, the main problem that is leaving me with now is when I'm in the installation disk using the terminal, I change directories to where I stored it on my flash drivee. But when I try to run script.sh, it give me "command not found". When I try according to the readme.txt file, it says "no such file or directory".

~_~