danelly77

22 posts in this topic

Sony VAIO VGC-RA828G Desktop

3.6GHz Intel Pentium 4,

1GB,

400GB, 250GB SATA

DVD±RW,

Windows XP Media Center Edition

I am using Kalaway 10.5 sse2 and sse 3 release. I have partion my hard drive to mbr on both fronts and bootloader. but when i load it i just get a blinking _ with my hard drive light activity on

I downloaded the Kalyway leopard 10.5.1 intel sse2 and see3 only dvd.

my system

Sony VAIO VGC-RA828G Desktop

3.6GHz Intel Pentium 4,

1GB,

400GB(has windows xp installed), 250GB SATA made 2 partions in windows xp mmc console. 50gig for osx and the rest for other stuff

DVD±RW,

Windows XP Media Center Edition

I load my computer up to the dvd. i don't press f8 or anything and let the dvd do its thing.

it loads up to the installation screen.

i go to the disc utility screen. It finds my hard drives and the one i want to use. I go to the partition screen and create two. Make one for mac osx and format it at mac os extended journaled and the other i format it as just fat so i can still use it in the windows. When i click on the name of the hard drive it shows that it is a master boot record. then i exit.

i get to the Select a destination and i use the Mac Osx that i just created select continue.

I go to the install summary and go to customize.

i select the vanilla kernel and fix and the sse2_, natiti_aticards since i have an ati graphics card and the azalia_out and azalia_adi1988b drivers and then don't select any for the network drivers and then i pick the bootloader efi for the boot_efi_mbr_ i hit done and select install.

I skipped the cd verify part

It took about 30 mins

I have installed it just fine.

I turn off the computer unplug my main hardrive and just have the osx up.

then once it does its post boot and such i get a black screen with a blinking _.

What did i do wrong???

Danelly,

You have a SSE2 machine, do NOT select any of the vanilla options (SSE3 only) and do NOT install any drivers (worry about that later). and EFI MBR in your case:

Try this:

-SSE2

-EFI MBR

-Everything else unchecked.

Let me know,

Alex

I, too had many difficulties trying to get Leopard to boot after installing the DVD. The problem is that there is a "proper" way to install the boot loader. I have developed a boot loader installer that works on Kalyway, iATKOS, ToH, or BrazilMac. If anybody wants to try it, send me an e-mail to macgenius6@gmail.com.

ccg