Kalyway Install problem on a dell

Grunt0r

21 posts in this topic

I just finished installing Kalyway on my Dell D820 and it's super super slow when trying to do anything in OSX. I installed Leopard 10.5.1 and I'm wondering if I'm missing a step or something. My Dell is a D820 1.83 core 2 duo with 2gig ram and an nvidia quadro NVS 110m 128mb. Does anyone have any suggestions?

That's not a dumb question...

And the answer is yes...

There seems to be a problem with some hackintoshes with dual cores

another alternative is to go to bios and disable multiple cores...

Did this help you?

That's not a dumb question...

And the answer is yes...

There seems to be a problem with some hackintoshes with dual cores

another alternative is to go to bios and disable multiple cores...

Did this help you?

I'll let you know as soon as I get home and try.

my video card is great but my sound card is a sigmatel stac 92xx C-Major HD audio and my internal nic is a broadcom 57xx gigabit integrated nic. How can I prevent having to enter cpus=1 everytime I boot the computer? and as for power management is there anything I have to do?

For the sigmatel, do a search for 9300, that laptop has the same card i believe, there's a sigmatel9200.kext or something like that.

As for the cpus=1, so a search for com.apple.Boot.plist and a post with instructions on how to do it, should come back...

• 1 month later...
so i've been trying to find a post on the cpus=1 add in and can't find it.

You can disable the dual core in the BIOS.

I am trying right now to install 10.5.2 on my d820, what customize options did you choose? Drivers? kernel? Also how did you format the HDD.

Thanks.

Umm.. I believe I used guild mac osx journaled. As for drivers just used all default.

Thanks, i was able to get my machine up this weekend. Are you having any trouble with the audio?

I have been looking for a fix but I have not been able to find anything that works.

Gruntr,

I am curious as to what Kalyway ISO you used to run this installation. I tried to use the Kalyway 10.5.1 SSE2 SSE3. It gets through most of the install and at about 6 minutes to go, it just stops and displays the failed installation or just reboots. I have disabled the second core in Bios, turned off the wireless/bluetooth switch on the side, etc. to see if any of those are causing; however, it still fails. I have also tried with GUID and MBR; both fail. My setup is very similar to yours except I have 4G of memory, 100G SATA drive, and 2.0Ghz core 2 duo....

Any ideas?

Ok, so I got it to do a successful installation using no SSE2, MBR, etc. However, now I just cant get it to boot. If I boot from DVD, F8 and -s, it runs through and ends up stopping with a timing issue. Any ideas to fix the boot issue? Thanks!

• 5 months later...
Thanks, i was able to get my machine up this weekend. Are you having any trouble with the audio?

I have been looking for a fix but I have not been able to find anything that works.

Im tryin' to install Kalyway 10.5.2 on my D820, what did you select in customize ? Thanks in advance !