USB Sound Blaster Live 24-bit

nate256

10 posts in this topic

I recieved them and when i hooks all my speakers up and my USB sound card up, it shows up as a sond device, but it says "the selected device has no output controls."

so it "see's" it but no sound comes out!!

any drivers? or solutions?

It does see the Mic on it and has options for that but i can see if my mice works cause i dont have any sound!!

So please help me!!!!

THANKS SOO MUCH!!!

I recieved them and when i hooks all my speakers up and my USB sound card up, it shows up as a sond device, but it says "the selected device has no output controls."

so it "see's" it but no sound comes out!!

any drivers? or solutions?

It does see the Mic on it and has options for that but i can see if my mice works cause i dont have any sound!!

So please help me!!!!

THANKS SOO MUCH!!!

Open Finder go into the Applications -> Utilities -> Audio Midi Setup and start checking there for the settings to configure the speakers attached to the device the link below has a screen shot of how it looks. If you get it working let us/me know because I have been thinking of getting one of them and would like to know if you can get the 5.1 sound out of it before buying.

Setup Example

i would try that but i installed a driver and when i rebooted all my usb plugs didn't work!

people said that they had this problem when doing this and i need to replace some "things"

so any idea what to do?

im gonna post a topic about this some where eles too.

on my other Mac that worked FINE!!!

AMAZING

idk what i did wrong but when i get my usb things fixed i should be okay!

• 1 month later...

Greets,

The card actually works out of the box. After you plug it in, you will see the interface in sound setup in system preferences. Select it and then go to utilities>audio midi setup and select 6ch-24bit in audio output (audio devices tab). Then select configure speakers and select 5.1. You can possibly hear the test noise from each speaker. If not, then you are into my problem... I have to lower and maximize the volume in OSX and then I have sound. This I also have to do if I connect/dissconnect the headphones.

Hope I helped

• 5 months later...

Thought I post my problem in this topic...

I brought this the other day (second hand) and it works great out of the box but no 5.1 sound ;) I set everything up in Audio Midi Setup 6ch-24bit then multichannel 5.1 surround sound and all my speakers are working when I test them. I click apply then done and close Audio... go into iTunes oh iDVD and the sound is only coming from just 2 speakers. I go back in to Audio.. and the tab has changed back to stereo as like the 5.1 sound option never apples. Last thing the volume slider only allows me to change the master volume and not the others since there grayed out, is this the problem?? I've searched for a hour already with no results..

• 1 year later...

i have solved the problem thank you so much for the audio midi set up tip!!!

1. plug in the usb sound blaster live! 24 bit and all your speakers

2. go to finder / applications/ utilities / audio midi setup / (mac is wonder so it showed as another audio device)

3. configure speakers as cuadraphonic (as i have a logic tech 5.1 system i thought i had to select the 5.1 but DONT!)

4. format 44.1 mhtz and 4ch-24bit

5 got to system preferences / sound / output / sb 24 live! bit external

6. thats it!

the whole 5.1 sounds perfect, 5 speakers and subwoofer!

ps. my set up macbook 2 ghz intel core 2 duo 2gb ram ddr3 running on snowleopard 10.6.2

• 7 months later...

I have read all the above methods to enable the creative sound blaster external 24bit live to work, however, I have been unsuccessful...

If I set up with 6 channels, selecting 5.1 I get no sound at all from the speakers; even in test mode.

If I set up with the 4 channel set up selecting Quadraphonic - I get test noise from 4 speakers in test mode but only 2 speakers when in iTunes or youtube etc.

Running a Macbook pro OSX 10.6.4

Would be very grateful if someone could help me with the set up to enable 5.1 - any solutions as to where I'm going wrong, or if there are any drivers?

Many thanks in advance

• 3 years later...