Zephiroth Mac OS X 10.5.1 AMD Install Guide

pcmantinker

120 posts in this topic

I have a problem, i installed zephiroth mac os x 10.5.1 amd, i follow your instructions and i boot from dvd and i press f8 but the commands that i have to type in don't work i get an error if i try to boot from the drive.

I have a sata hard drive.

pcmantinker you said in a previous post "It is possible to install with an SATA interface, but I am unsure of how to. I have read a couple of posts on this forum regarding SATA."

I searched on different forums and i didn't find anything.

Sorry about my english.

Please help me!

When I install Zephiroth's Leopard for AMD 10.5.2 EFI I get to install it then the computer restarts, then I don't know what to do, it loads nothing and in order to boot again to windows I need to fix it or reformat. My QUESTION is what do I do after the reboot when finished installing OS X. Is it also the same procedures in installing Kalyway and Zephiroth?

Last night I finally figured out how to install Zephiroth's Mac OS X 10.5.1 AMD DVD. Here are the steps that I used:
  1. Download Zephiroth's Mac OS X 10.5.1 AMD torrent if you haven't already
  2. Extract all parts of the included rar files by opening the first and selecting extract
  3. Burn the extracted ISO to a DVD with Nero Burning Rom at maximum speed(I used version 7.9)
  4. Format your Mac install partition as FAT32 otherwise the installer won't see it - make sure the drive you install to has an IDE interface
  5. Restart and set your boot device to your CD/DVD-ROM drive
  6. Let the Darwin bootloader start without any options (It will take about 5 or minutes to load the Mac OS X installer)
  7. When you are loaded into the installer, select your language and click next
  8. After you get to the next screen, go to the Utilities menu and select Disk Utility
  9. Create and format a mac volume on your destination disk and label it "Leopard"
  10. Exit Disk Utility
  11. Click Next on the OS X installer
  12. Click Customize and uncheck everything (you must make sure they are all unchecked or the installer will hang trying to install them)
  13. First uncheck extra fonts and then expand the languages option and uncheck French
  14. Proceed with unchecking everything
  15. Click OK
  16. Now click Install
  17. Mac will now install (it will take about an hour to completely install)
  18. After installation is complete, you will need to make the partition bootable
  19. Boot from the DVD and hit F8
  20. Type in -s
  21. At the prompt, type in this:

fdisk -e /dev/rdiskX --->(X is the number of your HD, if you only have one it's 0)

update

f X --->(X is the number of the partition where you installed Leopard, usually 1 or 0) - if 0 doesn't exist, try 1

w

q

reboot

22. You will now be able to boot Leopard

23. If you have a PS2 keyboard, you will need to install the driver - skip to step 31 if you have a USB keyboard

24. The easiest way to install the driver is to copy it from your installation DVD from Windows to your Mac partition

25. Windows does not natively install support for HFS+ Mac partitions so you will need to download a program like Mac Drive to view the files

26. Once you install Mac Drive, open your Mac partition and the installation DVD in My Computer

27. Navigate to "System\Library\Extensions\" on your Mac Hard Drive and "System\Library\Extensions\" on your installation DVD

28. Locate the file "ApplePS2Controller.kext" on the installation DVD and copy it to your Mac Hard Drive

29. Restart your computer and select your Mac partition from the boot options

30. You should now be able to boot your Mac partition and use your PS2 keyboard/mouse

31. Follow the onscreen instructions to setup your user account

32. After that is complete, you now have a functional Mac OS X system running on your AMD rig!

33. Install any other drivers that you may need for your hardware using the above method and you should be set! - a list of drivers can be found here: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/3rdPartyDrivers

All of the above has been tested on this hardware:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ socket AM2

200GB IDE Seagate Barricuda - Mac partition

320GB SATA Seagate Barricuda - Windows partition

2GB DDR2 800 RAM

Elite Group K8M890M-M Motherboard

Nvidia 5200 Geforce FX

Sound Blaster Audigy SE

Let me know if you need help with any of the steps. Good luck with installation!

need to take out the DVD??after reboot (step 21)??

• 1 month later...

hi,

1. I have already XP on seagate and want to install Leo to samsung hdd. Had burned iso Zephyroth 10.5.2 AMD SSE3 9.2.0 Kernel on my DVD (RW) with x4 speed (it has to be faster than x4; just saw it) but can not boot from that one.

... and can not proceed with formating...

2. I see Sata is gonna be next problem. Has anyone found a way to install Leo to Sata hdd, in the meantime?

3. Is there a way to install Leo to second hard (without erasing XP and reinstalling on 1st hdd - huge job reinstalling/adjusting everything)?

If not, maybe I can try to install Leo to my external HDD via USB (or Sata cable)?

4. Also what a detailed guide for dual boot on 2 hard drives - do you recommend for a newbie guy?

5. Is somewhere another, newer, Leopard installation guide AMD (Asus m2n-e sli ) other this one?

Anyone can help me with the link(s)?

thanks. :(

PC: AMD 64 X2 6000+

Mobo: Asus m2n-e sli

Graphics: Geforce Gigabyte GF 8600gt

SATA HDD 1: 320 GB seagate - XP

SATA HDD 2: 320 GB samsung - Leo ???

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, i have a little problem, i get stuck in step 19.. I successfully installed leopard in my PC, after installation computer restarted.. I keep pressing F8, but nothing happened during booting process, system boots from dvd, can't get to that command line... anyone has an idea? I can't continue in using system because mac os doesn't allow me my ps2 keyboard and primary partition for boot is not set up....

• 2 weeks later...

Hey. I've currently got further than i expected in the OS X Install. I've got right up to "Do you already Own a Mac?"

Two issues:

1. Having moved the PS2 driver folder, my PS2 keyboard works, but not my PS2 mouse.

2. Even though I've navigated through the first few questions with my keyboard, I get up to Do you already own a Mac? I choose Do not transfer my information now and Continue. The screen goes grey, waits for about a minute and then goes back to the first screen.

• 1 month later...

Hello friends, I am new in these parts, I appreciate the help you all are providing us.

I am about to engage in this install and was wondering about the part when you choose a drive #.

The drive I want use is a drive with 5 partitions, 1 of which is free for my install(I just have to convert it to FAT32). I want to know if during the install process, will this partition be seen as an option or the whole drive containing all the 5 partitions(including the destination partition) and if it only sees the whole drive, is this a risk of erasing all the other partitions?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have 3 doubts, please help me...

1. I have AMD Athlon x2 5200+ 64bit processor and nVidia 6150 SE Graphics card and nVidia nforce 430 LAN Card. Will this work on my pc?

2. Also, for enabling booting mac, you've said to type-

f X --->(X is the number of the partition where you installed Leopard, usually 1 or 0) - if 0 doesn't exist, try 1

if i install it in my d:, what should i type? 1? and that means for c:, 0?

3. Also, i have 4GB DDR2 RAM, will there be any problem related to the 32bit or 64bit architecture?

Will all my 4GB RAM be used in this mac(i mean, is this 64bit mac)?

P.s.

Can i run it in my SATA HDD after formatting one of the partitions to FAT32 ??

if not, then what should i do to install it in a SATA HDD?

• 4 months later...

1. Boot from the DVD and hit F8
  2. Type in -s
  3. At the prompt, type in this:

fdisk -e /dev/rdiskX --->(X is the number of your HD, if you only have one it's 0)

update

f X --->(X is the number of the partition where you installed Leopard, usually 1 or 0) - if 0 doesn't

exist, try 1

w

q

reboot

I don,t understand the guide starting after update,can someone help,I am having booting up issues.do i press enter after typing rdisk0 and so on after typing,f0 and w and q

Last night I finally figured out how to install Zephiroth's Mac OS X 10.5.1 AMD DVD. Here are the steps that I used:
  2. Extract all parts of the included rar files by opening the first and selecting extract
  3. Burn the extracted ISO to a DVD with Nero Burning Rom at maximum speed(I used version 7.9)
  4. Format your Mac install partition as FAT32 otherwise the installer won't see it - make sure the drive you install to has an IDE interface
  6. Let the Darwin bootloader start without any options (It will take about 5 or minutes to load the Mac OS X installer)
  8. After you get to the next screen, go to the Utilities menu and select Disk Utility
  9. Create and format a mac volume on your destination disk and label it "Leopard"
  10. Exit Disk Utility
  12. Click Customize and uncheck everything (you must make sure they are all unchecked or the installer will hang trying to install them)
  13. First uncheck extra fonts and then expand the languages option and uncheck French
  15. Click OK
  16. Now click Install
  18. After installation is complete, you will need to make the partition bootable
  20. Type in -s

update

w

q

reboot

23. If you have a PS2 keyboard, you will need to install the driver - skip to step 31 if you have a USB keyboard

24. The easiest way to install the driver is to copy it from your installation DVD from Windows to your Mac partition

25. Windows does not natively install support for HFS+ Mac partitions so you will need to download a program like Mac Drive to view the files

26. Once you install Mac Drive, open your Mac partition and the installation DVD in My Computer

27. Navigate to "System\Library\Extensions\" on your Mac Hard Drive and "System\Library\Extensions\" on your installation DVD

28. Locate the file "ApplePS2Controller.kext" on the installation DVD and copy it to your Mac Hard Drive

30. You should now be able to boot your Mac partition and use your PS2 keyboard/mouse

32. After that is complete, you now have a functional Mac OS X system running on your AMD rig!

33. Install any other drivers that you may need for your hardware using the above method and you should be set! - a list of drivers can be found here: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/3rdPartyDrivers

2GB DDR2 800 RAM

Nvidia 5200 Geforce FX

Sound Blaster Audigy SE

Let me know if you need help with any of the steps. Good luck with installation!

Going to try hope it works

10. Exit Disk Utility
  15. Click OK
  16. Now click Install
  20. Type in -s

update

w

q

reboot

2GB DDR2 800 RAM

Nvidia 5200 Geforce FX

Sound Blaster Audigy SE

Have installed 3 different versions of Leopard on an Acer Aspire 5600 with no problems at all. Now I have a desktop and I can't get any of my DVD's to even boot in to the installer.

I have a suspicion that it might be because my DVDRW drive is SATA but I really have no idea if this is the case. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

AMD Athlon II X2 240+ socket AM3

160GB IDE - Formated

320GB SATA II - Windows partition

3GB DDR2 800 RAM

Nvidia GeForce 6150 SEnForce 430

SRS WOW HD

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  10. Exit Disk Utility
  15. Click OK
  16. Now click Install
  20. Type in -s

update

w

q

reboot

2GB DDR2 800 RAM

Nvidia 5200 Geforce FX

Sound Blaster Audigy SE

Hi Guys

I was using the iatkos V2 on my intel machine and it was working perfectly.

Now that I have upgraded my system I am not able to get the mac installed..

My config is :-

Amd phenom II x4 965 black edition 3.4 ghz

Asus M4A78T-E

Corsair 4gb 1333 Mhz

Samsung sata 1.5 tb

Seagate baracuda sata 500 gb

Seagte baracuda sata 1 tb

Ide dvd writer

I have downloaded the iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 and patched it with nforce ppf but on booting it always gets stuck on still waiting for root device

I tried F8 and entered mach_kernel rd=disk0s1 -v and on entering this it detects the samsung hdd and doesn't give me the still waiting for root device error but it gives a cpu panic error and the shows darwin kernel and gets stuck on tht screen

One more strange thing tht happ is tht till the time I do not keep on moving the mouse the progress is not shown , the moment I move the mouse it shows the next lines etc but in the end gets stuck on the same either still waiting for root device or on the cpu 0 panic

I have tried a couple of settings in the bios

1) Changed the storage controller from ahci to ide and vice versa

2) Disabled all onboard devices except usb

3) Tried with all the onboard devices enabled

4) Changed the usb 2.0 from hi speed to full speed ( which helped me earlier on intel )

5) Disabled all the hdd except the primary hdd

Tried enetering mach_970 to check but it doesn't load tht from the dvd...

Need help guys...if neone can direct me to a guide or help me with a solution as to which version shud I install 10.5.6 , 10.5.7 , 10.5.8 ...

Thanks in advance....

Hi Guys

I was using the iatkos V2 on my intel machine and it was working perfectly.

Now that I have upgraded my system I am not able to get the mac installed..

My config is :-

Amd phenom II x4 965 black edition 3.4 ghz

Asus M4A78T-E

Corsair 4gb 1333 Mhz

Samsung sata 1.5 tb

Seagate baracuda sata 500 gb

Seagte baracuda sata 1 tb

Ide dvd writer

I have downloaded the iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 and patched it with nforce ppf but on booting it always gets stuck on still waiting for root device

I tried F8 and entered mach_kernel rd=disk0s1 -v and on entering this it detects the samsung hdd and doesn't give me the still waiting for root device error but it gives a cpu panic error and the shows darwin kernel and gets stuck on tht screen

One more strange thing tht happ is tht till the time I do not keep on moving the mouse the progress is not shown , the moment I move the mouse it shows the next lines etc but in the end gets stuck on the same either still waiting for root device or on the cpu 0 panic

I have tried a couple of settings in the bios

1) Changed the storage controller from ahci to ide and vice versa

2) Disabled all onboard devices except usb

3) Tried with all the onboard devices enabled

4) Changed the usb 2.0 from hi speed to full speed ( which helped me earlier on intel )

5) Disabled all the hdd except the primary hdd

Tried enetering mach_970 to check but it doesn't load tht from the dvd...

Need help guys...if neone can direct me to a guide or help me with a solution as to which version shud I install 10.5.6 , 10.5.7 , 10.5.8 ...

Thanks in advance....

• 6 months later...

No offense, but this thread is ancient and you should not revive it. I doubt Zephiroth even supports this release anymore. It's best to do a retail install with Snow Leopard using some sort of boot disk method. Search the forum and you'll find out how to do this. Many people even have guides for their specific motherboards/machines.