Please read in need help with i get Still waiting on root devices

antihomie

13 posts in this topic

Hey thanks for reading. I am trying to instal the amd 10.5.1 by zephyroth and when i do it i get an messages saying still waiting on root devices. (i know this is not the first time youve herd this sorry) I read up and it and changed my hard drive to primary master and put my cd drive on the same cord. Nothing. i made a prartition with disk directer and instaled os selecter but how do i set it to boot from the empty "for mac" part. I am curtly downloading the 10.4.8 by JaS to see if that will help. Whats the differnce between JaS and non JaS. So if people could give me some quick idea on how to fix this that would be great. I dont know how to do the -V thing that some peoplee where talking about

thank you all so much, any answer at all will help

I am trying to install macosx 10.5.1 zephyroth witth this computer (ive tried the latest JaS mac 10.4.8 amd/intel to)

Amd 64 3200

x800gto saphire

asus k8 mother board nforce 3 ( ASUS K8N-E)

160gb western digital hard drive (connected ide on same cable as disk drive) (ive tried other hard drives, do hard drives have drivers?)

and 1.5g of ram

You'll need to provide exact information on all your hardware. Zephyroth 10.5.1 (well... the MAC OS) doesn't support ALL PC hardware. Certain SATA controllers are a known problem. "Still waiting for root..." may be due to unsupported chipset or other hardware... The more specific you are about your hardware and install, the more likely someone will be able to help.

O sorry.

I am trying to install macosx 10.5.1 zephyroth witth this computer (ive tried the latest JaS mac 10.4.8 amd/intel to)

Amd 64 3200

x800gto saphire

asus k8 mother board nforce 3 ( ASUS K8N-E)

160gb western digital hard drive (connected ide on same cable as disk drive) (ive tried other hard drives, do hard drives have drivers?)

and 1.5g of ram

Thanks for the help

Let me know if you need more

What I did to get by that error was in my BIOS I just messed around with settings. There was one that said "Serial ATA Autodetect" and the other option was something along the lines of "Raid on" or something weird. Basically, mess around with Hard Drive settings in Bios, and if one says "Caution ,changing this will :) up your computer, then definitely do it.

It boots off the DVD and installs. It comes with support for J-micron controllers, which controlled my IDE drives, so it worked perfectly for me. Not sure what type of controllers your motherboard is using, but you can give it a shot. There are quite a few different OSx86 versions floating around, some with different kexts than others, so sometimes it's just a matter of getting the right one