iAtkos Boot times?

bongfury

6 posts in this topic

Afternoon all,

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing a loooong boot time with iAtkos 1.0i (Vanilla + EFI), it has been this way in my case from the very first boot after installation, I'd really like to know what sort of times others are experiencing WITH IATKOS only please (a rough idea of your spec might be a useful gauge too)

in my case It's approximately 90 seconds or so to GUI, from the moment the grey apple appears..

XP on the same PC is prolly around 25 secs.. decent spec too.. Q6600, Abit IP-35 Dark Raider (IDE Mode), 4gb x Corsair XMS2 Dominator, 2 x Western Digital AAKS Drives.

Leopard is very fast once the GUI is up and running, disk transfer speeds in the OS aren't too bad either in comparison to other folks X-Bench results... nothing strange I can identify in logs or verbose (-v) boot

I tried lots of BIOS combo's with drive parameters, disabling all unused devices/ports, killing caches, zapping PRAM and so forth, nothing much made a difference.. maybe someone can suggest a route to tackle this also

Appreciated

ooh {censored}.. I obviously got issues then ;).. cheers for that mate

yah i have same issue takes while to Boot into System after spinning logo goes blank screen and come up with Leopard Dock and screen but it takes while to load all most say 25-30 sec.????

Any suggestion why its doing that?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i have the same thing I have to turn AHCi in my bios to get leopard fast as superman ~20 sec to get it ready but when I turn off AHCI it takes forever ~5min... I use default kernel

9.2.0... and Yes every time I want to boot windows I have to go to bios and disable AHCI :S