35 posts in this topic

Heya im running a AMD powered pc.

with ide hdd for the apple os

ASUS Crosshair AM2+

AMD Athlon 4200+

OCZ 2gb Memory

XFX GF 8800GTX PCIe Slot1

GF 7600GT PCIe Slot2

normally i got 2c 8800gtx but i had osx tiger installed before with 7600 cuz 8800 wasnt supported yet.

OK ny problem is i installed OSX Leopard on my IDE hdd 250gb and instalation whas sucsesfully

after booting i get few sec the " _ " flickering symbol and after he. missing /com.apple.plist

so who knows this problem

hi to all,

I have HP m7640n AMD 2.6GHz, 4GB DDR2, and 20GB IDE HD (just Leopard installed in this HD). I'm having the same thing! I can install leopard 10.5.1 with out any problem (I used MBR when I format the HD) but after the installation finish the PC after booting i get few sec the " _ " flickering. I do have the DVD in and I tryed to hit F8 and type cpus=1 but it will boot into leopard installation again. but when I installed Leopard again I will get a messege

panic cpu 0

and them alot of different line of numbers then this:

BSD process name corresponding to current thread : kernel_task

MAC os version : 9B18

kernel version Darwin Kernel Version 9.1.0: whatever; made by ToH:xnu-1228.0.2~1/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386

PS: I tryed to find any answer on the net even over here in this site I see a lot of peoblem having the same question but no answer (yet).

thanks for reading my post!

@PowerAMD

what do you mean maybe! are you running Leopard or not? if you do can you please post your infrmation how you make it work please.

how do you install Leopard, what type of HD did you install it in, how did you format your HD?

I don't have any problem to run Leopard from DVD, I di have two DL DVD drives

Never mind but i got Leopard working now but laggy sometimes i cant understand why because my hardware is perfect.

Sound doesnt work for me on board because i got a SoundMAX ADI 1988B 8-channel High Definition Audio CODEC.

but find other option just installed my Z-10 testing speakers and works fine.

but any clue why its lagging a bit ?

high res link: http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/7058/screenzf2.png

screenzq2.png

i used the dvd to install leopard i use 1 partition of 1 disc after i pressed option button and chose the alst icon something with normal windows pc.

after the installation i dit this booting up with the dvd

chose -v so u get command line and do this

sudo -s

fdisk -e /dev/rdiskX --->(X is the number of your HD, if you have only on its 0)

update

f X --->(X is the number of the partition where you installed Leopard)

w

q

reboot

after it whas booting an works but but laggy

i used the dvd to install leopard i use 1 partition of 1 disc after i pressed option button and chose the alst icon something with normal windows pc.

after the installation i dit this booting up with the dvd

chose -v so u get command line and do this

sudo -s

fdisk -e /dev/rdiskX --->(X is the number of your HD, if you have only on its 0)

update

f X --->(X is the number of the partition where you installed Leopard)

w

q

reboot

after it whas booting an works but but laggy

Update:

I did install Leopard the way you told me, and now I can pass the louding "_" this time give me this error. I'm hoping for some help.

did you installed Leopard with only 512MB of ROM? because I'm using 4GB DDR2 of ROM. I attached an image

post-82265-1201972514_thumb.jpg

Was this KALYWAY_LEO_10.5.1intel_SSE2_SSE3? I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+. It supports SSE2 and SSE3. I will have to try to install it.

I bleive so, this the info with the iso file

That's an iso I made for my own use.

the kernel is Toh kernel 9.1.0.

It's 32bits until a kernel allow to boot without "-legacy".

The DVD is patched to run on your PC, all installation packages are originals (except MacOSXUpd 10.5.1 which needed to be repacked) and patched automatically in the end of the installation process. Darwin bootloader is installed at the very end. (See FixLeo.pkg)

Only English and French are available.

Gutenprint Printers Drivers and drivers for Geforce 8800GTX/GTS(NVinject 0.1.3) are available too.

It runs fine on the following machine :

- Athlon 64 X2 4200+ S939

- ASUS A8N5X NForce 4

- 4 x 512 MB DDR400

- Maxtor 250 GB Sata2

- Geforce 8800 GTS

If system freezes when you try to reach the net, deactivate dhcp and configure your interface manually.

It seems to be because DHCP set 2 DNS servers (your router) instead of one).

1 - Download

2 - Burn

3 - Install

4 - Enjoy

Zephyroth.

i have to get the sephyroth rev 2 version when comes out he seems had everything working so quess wait for that one. maybe also better geforce support.

Oh it also seems when i use the 8800 as videocard the mac osx leo wont boot up. hm

i have to get the sephyroth rev 2 version when comes out he seems had everything working so quess wait for that one. maybe also better geforce support.

Oh it also seems when i use the 8800 as videocard the mac osx leo wont boot up. hm

but can we use 4GB of RAM

Update:

I did install Leopard the way you told me, and now I can pass the louding "_" this time give me this error. I'm hoping for some help.

did you installed Leopard with only 512MB of ROM? because I'm using 4GB DDR2 of ROM. I attached an image

Kernel panic...

boot into "safe mode" by pressing any key at the "boot options" countdown and type: -x and hit Enter

More info here:

http://osx86.wikidot.com/known-issues#toc1

The Kalyway DVD will boot, but for some reason when it comes to the gray loading screen, it hangs there. I see no hard drive or dvd drive activity so I don't think that it's doing anything. Should I try booting safe mode with "-x" in the boot options?

ka911 is using Zephyroth 10.5.1

(at least that's what he has described here:

That's an iso I made for my own use.

the kernel is Toh kernel 9.1.0.

It's 32bits until a kernel allow to boot without "-legacy".

The DVD is patched to run on your PC, all installation packages are originals (except MacOSXUpd 10.5.1 which needed to be repacked) and patched automatically in the end of the installation process. Darwin bootloader is installed at the very end. (See FixLeo.pkg)

Only English and French are available.

Gutenprint Printers Drivers and drivers for Geforce 8800GTX/GTS(NVinject 0.1.3) are available too.

It runs fine on the following machine :

- Athlon 64 X2 4200+ S939

- ASUS A8N5X NForce 4

- 4 x 512 MB DDR400

- Maxtor 250 GB Sata2

- Geforce 8800 GTS

If system freezes when you try to reach the net, deactivate dhcp and configure your interface manually.

It seems to be because DHCP set 2 DNS servers (your router) instead of one).

1 - Download

2 - Burn

3 - Install

4 - Enjoy

Zephyroth.

)

Ah, ok. I have tried the Zephiroth Leopard DVD and it boots fine into the installer. I can use all of the tools as well. However, when I go to install, it gets to about 10% and gives me an error message saying "Could not verify base install path." Maybe I have a bad ISO? I burned the DVD at the maximum speed. Would you recommend to use 1x although it will take a while?

@cgsheen yes, I have this dvd, I have tried everything even boot with "-x" but it will loud the installation not leopard the OS from my HD.

Ah, ok. I have tried the Zephiroth Leopard DVD and it boots fine into the installer. I can use all of the tools as well. However, when I go to install, it gets to about 10% and gives me an error message saying "Could not verify base install path." Maybe I have a bad ISO? I burned the DVD at the maximum speed. Would you recommend to use 1x although it will take a while?
ok, what type of software you are using to burn the DVD I did use Nero 8. and what is your HD its SATA or IDE? I'm using IDE 20GB Maxtor, with USB keyboard / mouse, I can install leopard with out any problem but when Leopard Bootup it will freezeDarwin Kernel Version 9.1.0: Fri Nov 16 14:50:43; made by ToH:xnu-1228.0.2~1/Build/obj/RELEASE_I386

I did use "-x" but all what it does it will start Leopard installation again thats all.

@cgsheen yes, I have this dvd, I have tried everything even boot with "-x" but it will loud the installation not leopard the OS from my HD

You MUST make the new drive / partition BOOTABLE. You HAVE to follow the steps described in the Wiki so OS X will boot from your new installation.

Boot from the DVD again.

Press F8

type -s and hit Enter to start in "single user" mode.

AT THE PROMPT type:

fdisk -e /dev/rdiskX ( replace the X with the NUMBER of your install hard drive - you HAVE to know the exact number! hit Enter)

update ( hit Enter )

f Y ( replace the Y with the NUMBER of your install partition - you HAVE to know the exact number! hit Enter )

w ( hit Enter )

q ( hit Enter )

reboot ( hit Enter )

NEXT - you'll probably have the "kernel panic" error / stall - SEE THE WIKI!

@ cgsheen

thanks for the fast reply, I did this steps befor, I will try it again.

this is my steps:

start the PC

F8

-s

Disk Utillity

Erase Partition - Option (MBR) with Partition 1 Name (Leopard)

start the installation

reboot - F8

diskutil list

fdisk -e /dev/fdisk0

update

f 1

w

q

reboot

and here where Leopard freeze