Kalyway 10.5.1 AMD ?

PowerAMD

35 posts in this topic

The HD that I'm installing it to is an IDE 200GB Seagate Barricuda. I have an SATA 320GB Seagate Barricuda where I boot Windows XP from. Mac doesn't see my windows partition becuase it's NTFS. I have formatted my 200GB hard drive with the FAT32 file system so that Mac setup can see the partition. I have burned the image in PowerISO and ImgBurn, but I haven't tried Nero 8 yet. I will try that now and let you know how it goes.

The HD that I'm installing it to is an IDE 200GB Seagate Barricuda. I have an SATA 320GB Seagate Barricuda where I boot Windows XP from. Mac doesn't see my windows partition becuase it's NTFS. I have formatted my 200GB hard drive with the FAT32 file system so that Mac setup can see the partition. I have burned the image in PowerISO and ImgBurn, but I haven't tried Nero 8 yet. I will try that now and let you know how it goes.

what did you use to format your HD, Leopard Disk Utillity or what? and make sure that you can see it in your BISO! I have a nother HD (IDE) I tried to install Leopard in but I can't see it when I try to install Leopard, and I have SATA (500GB) I can't format it with Leopard it will give me timeout error.

I formatted my HD with Windows Disk Utility. Leopard can see my disk fine. I just get an error when the installer is about 10% done. I have reburned the DVD at 12x with Nero Burning Rom 8 and verified the data. When the verification got to 95%, it came back with read errors at certain sector ranges. They were typically 10-20 sectors apart. I will try installing again, but if this doesn't work, I'll try burning at a slower speed.

I formatted my HD with Windows Disk Utility. Leopard can see my disk fine. I just get an error when the installer is about 10% done. I have reburned the DVD at 12x with Nero Burning Rom 8 and verified the data. When the verification got to 95%, it came back with read errors at certain sector ranges. They were typically 10-20 sectors apart. I will try installing again, but if this doesn't work, I'll try burning at a slower speed.

before you do that make sure that your file downloaded all the way 100%. run the torrent again and see if its 100% finished.

It has downloaded 100%. I just realized that the image that I just burned and tried to verify was corrupt. :hysterical: I am burning the correct one now and having Nero verify after completion.

Ok, the install was successful! Now I have to write the MBR boot record to make it bootable. I am going to follow this procedure:

sudo -s

fdisk -e /dev/rdiskX --->(X is the number of your HD, if you have only on its 0)

update

f X --->(X is the number of the partition where you installed Leopard)

w

q

reboot

EDIT:

Boots fine. Now to install PS2 keyboard support.

EDIT:

Keyboard works. Now to add sound, video and network drivers.

I noticed that the mach_kernel loads slowly. Is there a better kernel available that I can use with Zephiroth's Mac OsX86?

Network was successfully installed. I still need to install sound and video though.

I have these:

nVidia 5200 FX

Sound Blaster Audigy

I have looked for drivers regarding these devices, but haven't found any yet. If anyone knows of how to install these, I would appreciate it.

Network was successfully installed. I still need to install sound and video though.

I have these:

nVidia 5200 FX

Sound Blaster Audigy

I have looked for drivers regarding these devices, but haven't found any yet. If anyone knows of how to install these, I would appreciate it.

I'm really happey for you :) . I hope you will enjoy it. with me I will wait until v2 will be out and then try it again.

• 1 month later...
Heya im running a AMD powered pc.

with ide hdd for the apple os

ASUS Crosshair AM2+

AMD Athlon 4200+

OCZ 2gb Memory

XFX GF 8800GTX PCIe Slot1

GF 7600GT PCIe Slot2

normally i got 2c 8800gtx but i had osx tiger installed before with 7600 cuz 8800 wasnt supported yet.

OK ny problem is i installed OSX Leopard on my IDE hdd 250gb and instalation whas sucsesfully

after booting i get few sec the " _ " flickering symbol and after he. missing /com.apple.plist

so who knows this problem

when its booting on the countdown,hit f8 then cpus=1 and you should be good