missing installation files

wan3212

11 posts in this topic

the leopard installer gets fairly far in the process, than when it checks for the installer disk consitency, it says there are installation files missing. anyone know what these files are, or do i need to reburn the dvd, or re-torrent it? help would be greatly appreciated, im very confused :(

burning the dvd at lowest isnt' always the best solution, there was a case on this forum where the dvd didnt work at 2x so he burned again at 4x :wallbash:, i recommend you use the same speed

ok thanks, ill try that. i used nero, but im pretty sure i did burn it at 4x. ill try it at 2x. so the problem is probably a bad burn?ok thank you very much, ill try that. i used nero, but im pretty sure i did burn it at 4x. ill try it at 2x. so the problem is probably a bad burn?

burning the dvd at lowest isnt' always the best solution, there was a case on this forum where the dvd didnt work at 2x so he burned again at 4x ;) , i recommend you use the same speed
Yes, DoiX is right. Many DVDs will not be burned correctly on 2x. Use 4x instead.

hecker

please help me again. i tried burning it with the new program at max speed, and at 4x speed. same thing both times. is it possible its a bad installation file? also, i downloaded iaktos. is iaktos also mac os x leopard, and can it also run native mac apps? help is VERY much appreciated now. thanks!

please help me again. i tried burning it with the new program at max speed, and at 4x speed. same thing both times. is it possible its a bad installation file? also, i downloaded iaktos. is iaktos also mac os x leopard,

Yes it ca be a corrupted file

Yes iatkos is 10.5.1, so Leopard

and can it also run native mac apps? help is VERY much appreciated now. thanks!

Yes depending on wich on you mean