Sound Card?

nate256

8 posts in this topic

So want to upgrade my speakers with these

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...&CatId=2894

but it needs a 5.1 card. what is a good pci card with 5.1 surround sound that works on Hackintoshes?

not the usb ones with one output!!!

thanks guys oh and not the most expensive thing but something that can make this Thump!

Thanks again

There are no PCI soundcards for any of the Intel Mac, because they don't need it (they have optical output), only with the PPC Power Mac you can get some PCI soundcards, like M-Audio Revolution 5.1 and 7.1 (I buy a Revolution 7.1 for my Intel hackintosh, but there are no drivers, only por PPC, so now I use it with my Power Mac G4). Saludos!

muvo - iirc no mac has multi-channel sound - sure they've got toslink (optical spdif) but i'm pretty sure they don't have any compression codecs like dolby digital or dts, so it'll just be stereo PCM output

a usb or firewire multichannel soundcard will solve your problem

• 3 weeks later...

can u suggest a USB card with at least 5.1?

thanks that would be nice

i bought one but it isnt surround so i want one that is if possible!

• 3 weeks later...
can u suggest a USB card with at least 5.1?

I am also waiting for an answer on that. If i wanted only 2 of my 6 speakers to work, i would use my onboard sound... but untill now no help.

Might get lucky with a wireless sound card...but for that, I need some other parts on my computer... like...let's say...a witeless card lol :dev:

I don't want to buy a soundcard that will not work so, therefor i am still in testing and waiting mode.