Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1 Install Issue

Tempted

11 posts in this topic

So heres my problem. I get all the way through the boot process with no issues.. No extra boot options.. Nothing. Just stick DVD in and it boots.

I get all the options that I want selected and get ready to install customize the settings for my computer. When it begins to install it gets to Validating Disk. Then it stops with an error that says Unable to verify disk, Please remove disk clean carefully and try again. Well I've burned it 3-4 times on varying speeds with varying downloads. Ive tried getting the Brazilmac version to work but it has a kernel panic the instant that the apple screen pops up. The Kalyway cd goes until the install. I have tried different torrents with the Kalyway disk image and every one seems to give me the same issue. Any help?

Windows Vista

Windows XP

Mac OS X 10.4.6

System:

MSI VIA P4M9003

Intel Pentium D 925

2gb Corsair Reaper Dual Channel

Logitech G15 Gaming keyboard

Logitech G5 Gaming Mouse

SATA: Max

tor 200gb/ Maxtor 320gb

ATA: Toshiba DVD drive / Maxtor 40gb ATA 100

Video: Geforce 8500GT 256mb

I'm trying to install on the ATA100 drive... It will install OS X 10.4.6 fine without my keyboard and mouse.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm willing to download another disk image if need be.. If someone would let me know what I need to do or which one they downloaded that would be great.

Thanks,

Tempted

Anyone? This is becoming a pain... is it because im using an ATA dvd drive? if thats the case i think im screwed... If someone would tell me which install they used that would be awesome.. I used the Kaliway ISO you can download from a certain torrent site.. I also tried the Zip version.. both came out with the exact same Md5 hash

Idont understand.. There are no errors while booting into the cd.. it just cant validate it. I tried again and ended up snapping one of my copys in half because i was so agrivated... tried brazilmac copy with -v -legacy cpus=1 and it still panics... Also tried Kalyway with -v -legacy cpus=1 and same problem... Sigh.. I'm about to give up on this...