Had 1.1.1, Tried to restore... but stays in Restore Mode

jake123

8 posts in this topic

I had 1.1.1, it started to get slow so I wanted to delete the firmware and start over. I downloaded 1.1.1 from http://iphone.unlock.no/, then I held the power + center button for 15 seconds, launched itunes 7.5 on my mac, went to the phone tab, held the CTRL button (its different for me), selected the downloaded firmware... it said it was extracting, then I get an error message... and now the phone is stuck in restore mode... can anyone help me with this, I've tried redoing it a few times....

Thanks

restore mode is kinda good for you

i went and downloaded apptapp, let that take my phone out of restore mode. you should get the activate screen on your iphone, then go into itunes (have already downloaded 1.1.1 then you shift-restore and search for your FW and that should put you at 1.1.1/ i did the same thing you did like 4 hours ago

I apologized about my previous post- I was in hurry when I made my reply and I did not think about your prob twice-

Yes, the restore loop is good, just close itunes:

do the following

next you want to close itunes and make sure its closed..

Now you want to download app tapp.

now run app tapp make sure you select firmware 1.0.2 in app tapp even though thats not the firmware you have, your doing this to bring the phone out of recovery mode...

if you get a message saying to close ituneshelper open itunes an close it again and run this program.. You will get a message saying send to iphone failed this is good....

At this point unplug the iphone from the computer. On your screen you will see that it says slide for emergency... Connect your iphone back to the computer and open itunes and your phone will now say waiting for activation.. Now you can slide the slider to get to the home screen...When you get to the home screen on your phone the phone wont work at all....

So now turn on the wifi on the phone and go to jailbreakme.com from your iphone... Once your on that site scroll to the bottom and click install for that program on the bottom.. its called appSnapp

So you had 1.1.1 with 04.02.xx baseband right?

If your iPhone is in recovery mode just launch this app and plug the iPhone, it will be automatically taken out of recovery.

> Windows > iBrick (Select Boot the phone)

> Mac > iNdependence (just plug the iPhone and wait)

So you had 1.1.1 with 04.02.xx baseband right?

If your iPhone is in recovery mode just launch this app and plug the iPhone, it will be automatically taken out of recovery.

> Windows > iBrick (Select Boot the phone)

> Mac > iNdependence (just plug the iPhone and wait)

Thanks for the replies, I'll try this tomorrow :)

That should work. This problem happens when you restore an iPhone that got a higher baseband than the one you're restoring to, in this case your 1.1.1 should have 04.01.xx, but your iPhone has the baseband of the 1.1.2 (04.02.xx) so this is the problem. (remeber that restoring the firmware will not get the older baseband back)

Just follow the steps and it should be all.

Hope you get it working.