b0 error even after my partition is active

Drumdude234

14 posts in this topic

So i installed Mac OSX86 10.5.1 Leopard using the Kalyway OSX86 Leopard 10.5.1 SSE2 SSE3 and when i restarted after the install it gives me the b0 error. So i followed this guide http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=22844&st=0 and using the terminal didnt work so i went into disk management and made the leopard partition active which is running off of my external hardrive. It was already active so i thought that maybe i did it. So i restarted my computer and it still gives me a b0 error. So i went back into my vista partition and downloaded mac drive to make sure that i installed leopard and it was installed. What do i do to fix this? also this isnt my first install of leopard. i had it running on my external hardrive for over a month but when i updated it to 10.5.1 it messed up. so i reinstalled it and then i got this error after my reinstall

i know mbr is master boot record, but whats GUID, and no i didnt install EFI. erggh i really wanna fix this i absoulutley hate vista and whenever i use the computer i use macos86 but now its messed up. i dont know if i used mbr or guid but i know i didnt install EFI. when i installed leopard i didnt do anything unusual, i went to disk utility and erased the partition to prepare for leopard (kalyway) then i installed it. thats it,i didnt touch anything else

Just keep cool

To avoid getting an b0 error you have to go into the setup (Put DVD into disk drive, wait for darwin to load, get into the setup) and then you first have to format the partition you want to install leopard on.

So... when you have formated the partition you have to go into terminal and set the partition active.

Terminal can be found under programs in setup.

Please be sure whats the name of your HDD (f.e. rdisk0 or rdisk1)

to check this you can type "diskutil list" (without ") ...

then you have to type "fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0" (without ") (if rdisk0 is the name of your harddisk... so it could also be rdisk1 ... )

then type "print" or just "p" (both without " of course).

The partition with an * is the one who is set active. so just look which partition you want to set active and then type

"flag 1" (1st partition) or "flag 2" (2nd partition) and so on.

Then you HAVE to type "write" and hit enter... then type quit .. hit enter.. then type exit... hit enter

and now you can install mac os x leopard, and then there shouldn´t be a b0 error.

You must know that installing leopard does not set the partition active! So you have to do it before installing leopard.

(i did it this way and it worked so far... ^^)

• 4 weeks later...

I am also currently experiencing this problem with the Kalyway OSX86 Leopard 10.5.1 SSE2 SSE3 distro. I did an MBR format and I have already set the partition to active. Still having this problem. The only way I can boot into the OS at the moment is by letting the BIOS boot from CD but not hitting any keys when it does, then after the timer goes off Mac OSX boots normally.

I am also currently experiencing this problem with the Kalyway OSX86 Leopard 10.5.1 SSE2 SSE3 distro. I did an MBR format and I have already set the partition to active. Still having this problem. The only way I can boot into the OS at the moment is by letting the BIOS boot from CD but not hitting any keys when it does, then after the timer goes off Mac OSX boots normally.

I'm having this same problem with the Zephyroth release. I'm on an AMD system with a LanParty Ultra-D motherboard. MBR just isn't working, even when I do the EFI v8 terminal commands. I still have to boot from the DVD to enter Leopard.

Amazingly after looking at the source code to boot0, an error of "b0 error" actually doesn't have anything to do with which partition is active or the volume boot record it reads (basically boot1h). The error means something is wrong with the data its trying to process itself not the code its trying to load after its done. In simple terms, it really means its having problems reading the partition table. Most logical reason is that a MBR table is being used but the boot0 is the GPT one (or vice versa - GPT table with MBR boot0).