Hello all:

I have a Samsung Q1 Ultra:

Processor: Intel A110 800 MHz

Memory: 2 GB

Hard drive: 60GB IDE drive

Display: 7" 1024x600 Intel GMA 950 128MB VRAM Graphics touch screen

Wireless LAN:Aethros (2005?)

Will 10.5 or 10.4 work on this???

Just picked one up myself (Q1U-EL), hope to give it a try soon. Judging by the specs, Leopard should run on it (emphasis on should). However, the wireless hardware will probably the the big problem... I'm not sure there's a driver for this Atheros card.

It's not as bad as you might think, the Eee PC has a similar CPU (if not the same one), and folks report Mac OS X being quite responsive on those units (on both Tiger and Leopard). It certainly would be better than Vista, and probably better than XP too.

Actually, the Eee's problem with Leopard is the fact that the GMA900 drivers are blocked. If it had a GMA950 (which the Q1U's all do), it probably would make an excellent Leopard system too.

Funny, I almost bought an Eee PC. But, managed to get the Q1U on clearance at Best Buy for even less ($349, yeah, $349 :) ).

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately, no. On every build I've tried (both Tiger and Leopard), I get variants of the waiting on root device hang.

I suspect it is because of the HDD master/slave configuration, but I really don't have time to find out... so it's just headed onto the eBay pile.