Guys, I cant seem to burn DVD+R DL on my MBP

Cubric

14 posts in this topic

Could it be the crappy dvd that im using? I had this kind of problems before with burning SL-DVD in leo. but i got it rectified by following a suggestion made by a member here.

So could it be the brand im using? whats the a good brand to use in burning?

Always use quality media. It will increase the life of your dvd-r unit and will hold the data longer. I use TDK exclusively. Stay away from no name products!

Also, burn your media in the slowest possible speed if you want better results.

Cheers,

hecker

I had a similar issue and simply running a DVD Drive Cleaner in the drive made all the difference in the world. I'd suggest trying that as well as using quality media. I had to run the cleaner through 2 or 3 times and after that, like magic, I was able to burn ANY SL or DL media I tried.

good luck!

so i did it. got me a good dvd-dl, burnt it. but one problem. at the end, it says," failed to communicate with the drive" of some sort. but it did write on the DVD-DL itself. but it got spoilt. how do i rectify the communication problem? or was it because there was a sudden vibration that spoilt the process?

so i did it. got me a good dvd-dl, burnt it. but one problem. at the end, it says," failed to communicate with the drive" of some sort. but it did write on the DVD-DL itself. but it got spoilt. how do i rectify the communication problem? or was it because there was a sudden vibration that spoilt the process?

Yes, vibration could have been the culprit. Did you let Toast run the verification process?

darn it. Nope. i used the disk utility to run the burning process. would using Toast prevent from spoiling it?

I would assume that the Disk Utility is an ok burning program, but I have always used Toast (Hack and Macbook) without any problems whatsoever, so I recommend it. It has a bunch of very useful features.

Check your PM box for more info.

hecker

I also recommend Popcorn for your DVD burning "needs". It has a fit-to-DVD compression method, so you can burn a DL-DVD on single. For ripping, I use an app called MacTheRipper.

really? cool man. thanks. :D

If you want another option for burning (even though they are supposedly all the same) here's another program that we use daily on several macs at work which works well and is freeware Liquid CD http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/19994

i'll check that out. Thanks again guys. :D