MacBook Air gets Trounced in Specs

10 posts in this topic

yeah but does that little red "cursor blob" in the middle of the keyboard of the Thinkpad have multi-touch? I think not!

Furthermore, the thinkpad has an exterior design unchanged since 1998.

I would gladly take the Macbook Air over the Lenovo any time.

That said, the Lenovo still beats the Macbook Air in terms of performance/price, and I am sure that many would find it a solid laptop for everyday portability. :D

Furthermore, the thinkpad has an exterior design unchanged since 1998.

I would gladly take the Macbook Air over the Lenovo any time.

Let's not kid ourselves here. Do you buy your computer to stare at the design? I don't -- I buy it to use the damn thing. It's just a shame it doesn't run OS X.

But yeah, the ThinkPads are ugly as muck! :D

So no webcam, ugly design, no multitouch, and can't run OS X legally/natively/without issues & hacking. And I would bet the price will be at least 50% more than the standard MacBook Air (granted the Lenovo has the SSD standard from what it seems but for those who want all the advantages of an ultraportable without the steep price, the Air will probably still be the cheapest one).

So no webcam, ugly design, no multitouch, and can't run OS X legally/natively/without issues & hacking. And I would bet the price will be at least 50% more than the standard MacBook Air (granted the Lenovo has the SSD standard from what it seems but for those who want all the advantages of an ultraportable without the steep price, the Air will probably still be the cheapest one).

Another Apple fan boy that wants to randomly throw out gibberish.

1.) It does have a webcam

2.) Air has a multi touch trackpad, It lacks the trackpoint, which is far more usefull for touch typsits

3.) Yes Lenovo's cost more then Dells, but they are cheaper then Apple's even after you add the 3 year Depot warranty.

4.) Apple will have the cheapest Ultra Portable when Hell Freezes over. They have market momentum, hype, a popular name, and tons of money invested in marketing. They would have to be morons to not try to price gouge their products for optimal profit. Ever noticed how their products are generally in the top range of acceptable prices for the average consumer?

5.) The thinkpad design is a classic. It may not be flashy, but hey my thinkpad will outlast your apple macbook AND it will depreciate less.

So that brings it down to It runs OSX, which in all certainty is what is keeping Apple's Computer line afloat and in the Black.

PS. I've said this before, Apple makes good products, but Apple fan boys {censored} me off. Apple is just as bad as Microsoft, Dell,etc. They don't do anything amazingly innovative, they just take innovation and make it marketable.

You people honestly need to stop being so narrow minded. What you're paying for isn't the hardware, it's OS X. If you want to pay good money for good hardware, there are better companies to buy from. If you want a rock solid OS that your grandma could use, then yes Apple Computers are worth the money.