Problems with Kalaway 10.5 Install

KurtisFish36

6 posts in this topic

Okay, here are my specs:

Intel P4 1.8Ghz desktop PC

Mobo: Intel Desktop Board D845EBT

Graphics: ATI Radeon All-In-Wonder 7500

120 GB HDD which currently has XP Pro installed on it -- (I plan on formatting this using disk utility)

160 GB HDD which is a backup drive formatted in NTFS

DVD-RW DL drive

CD-RW drive

there isn't any built in display adapter -- this is a PC I just pulled out of the closet to hopefully make myself a nice little mac

Here is the problem:

Downloaded the latest Kalaway image from TPB and placed it onto a DVD, put it into the drive, restarted the PC

I get the option to press F8, or continue on booting, I have tried both

after F8, I have tried typing in all kinds of stuff that I have read online (and without much unix or vanilla/darwin experience.. I am kinda dead in the water)

anyways, I have tried using: vanilla -v and any other extension I could find (cpus=1), etc etc

I started to load some files... HFS+ file [vanilla] from 4230480... and on and on and on

whatever I do-- the PC always just restarts by itself -- and boots back to the DVD again

What is the EXACT command I need to type to load this installer... or is my hardware incompatable?

Thanks for your help in advance, I know I am asking the true pros in the industry.

-Fish

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Okay, here are my specs:

Intel P4 1.8Ghz desktop PC

Mobo: Intel Desktop Board D845EBT

Graphics: ATI Radeon All-In-Wonder 7500

120 GB HDD which currently has XP Pro installed on it -- (I plan on formatting this using disk utility)

160 GB HDD which is a backup drive formatted in NTFS

DVD-RW DL drive

CD-RW drive

there isn't any built in display adapter -- this is a PC I just pulled out of the closet to hopefully make myself a nice little mac

Here is the problem:

Downloaded the latest Kalaway image from TPB and placed it onto a DVD, put it into the drive, restarted the PC

I get the option to press F8, or continue on booting, I have tried both

after F8, I have tried typing in all kinds of stuff that I have read online (and without much unix or vanilla/darwin experience.. I am kinda dead in the water)

anyways, I have tried using: vanilla -v and any other extension I could find (cpus=1), etc etc

I started to load some files... HFS+ file [vanilla] from 4230480... and on and on and on

whatever I do-- the PC always just restarts by itself -- and boots back to the DVD again

What is the EXACT command I need to type to load this installer... or is my hardware incompatable?

Thanks for your help in advance, I know I am asking the true pros in the industry.

-Fish

What type of HDD you have? Might be it is not recognising your HDD. It caches the installation files on to your HDD before installing.