Recommended mATX motherboard?

10 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of a compatible mATX motherboard they want to recommend to me for use in my hackintosh. If not, I will start looking myself this Sunday or maybe Friday morning.

Compatibility is important for me. However, I do not mind patching for sound.

Does anyone know of a compatible mATX motherboard they want to recommend to me for use in my hackintosh. If not, I will start looking myself this Sunday or maybe Friday morning.

Compatibility is important for me. However, I do not mind patching for sound.

The ASRock Conroe 945-G is a very good board and works a treat with Tiger, although I recall having to edit the audio kext. There's lots of help here on the forums for this particular board and I'd highly recommend it.

I also have a newer Intel DQ965GF which I've played with Leopard Kalyway 5.1 on. The onboard Ethernet doesn't work and I've not tried the X3100 as I installed with a GeForce 7600. I haven't tested sound etc. as I've not had time but it looks promising.

Yes, I had this same question...I have not been able to get it working on my current system.(Specs listed in signature)

Also what highend recommended Video?

Is there a Recommended ASUS mother board? (Im not familiar with ASrock, do they use a good bios (Over clock)?

Using what iso?

Thanks so much

I have a Gigabyte 945gcmx-s2 and it works really well with leopard using pc_efi_8 from Netkas. Lan worked out the box and graphics worked out the box. The only thing that needed patching was onboard sound. I used the alc888 drivers and they work great.