GA-P35-DS4 + Retail 10.5 + Bios F11

verendus

4 posts in this topic

Hello, everyone,

I have a retail version of Leopard running on GA-P35-DS4. Thanks to Karaaheka1 and ls8 for the guide.

I have two very strange issues and wanted to see if anyone else is having similar problem.

1. I upgraded Bios last night to the newest F11, and strangely only 3 cores show up within Leopard. I reverted back to F7 and now all 4 show up. Any thoughts on this?

2. Somehow Leopard keeps changing the BIOS clock by +7 hours. Leopard shows correct time every time I boot up, but, whenever I enter BIOS, the system clock is 7 hours ahead. I correct the clock, boot into Leopard, shutdown, then go back to BIOS, sure enough, the clock goes +7 hours. Will this be because BIOS is timezone blind and the Leopard uses Timezone to calculate the actual time?

3. Even after numerous install of AppleSMBIOS.kext from the EFI-V8, my About This Mac still shows unknown processor after 2.4Ghz. Would any one be kind enough to send me their AppleSMBIOS.kext that reads correct clock speed from the computer?

Thank you for any help.

Ted

Hello, everyone,

I have a retail version of Leopard running on GA-P35-DS4. Thanks to Karaaheka1 and ls8 for the guide.

I have two very strange issues and wanted to see if anyone else is having similar problem.

1. I upgraded Bios last night to the newest F11, and strangely only 3 cores show up within Leopard. I reverted back to F7 and now all 4 show up. Any thoughts on this?

2. Somehow Leopard keeps changing the BIOS clock by +7 hours. Leopard shows correct time every time I boot up, but, whenever I enter BIOS, the system clock is 7 hours ahead. I correct the clock, boot into Leopard, shutdown, then go back to BIOS, sure enough, the clock goes +7 hours. Will this be because BIOS is timezone blind and the Leopard uses Timezone to calculate the actual time?

3. Even after numerous install of AppleSMBIOS.kext from the EFI-V8, my About This Mac still shows unknown processor after 2.4Ghz. Would any one be kind enough to send me their AppleSMBIOS.kext that reads correct clock speed from the computer?

Thank you for any help.

Ted

Same thing Happened with me

Solution Update to F11 , Take Out the battery Motherboard for 2-3 min

Load with Default setting ,than change whatever you need to. reboot

your all 4 cores would be shown again

Thanks again for your helpful response. I wonder what is up with F11... I will certainly give that a try. Do you have experience with the bios clock setting? I still can't figure out why Leopard will keep setting the bios clock 7 hours ahead.