Can't get Audio and LAN working on iATKOS 1.0i on HP 6720s laptop

blacklight

8 posts in this topic

Hi!

I just installed a fresh copy of iATKOS 1.0i on my HP 6720s laptop.

Everything works fine except my Audio and LAN card.

Audio Card: SoundMAX Intergrated HD Audio

LAN Card: Intel 82562GT

For the LAN card the AppleIntel8255x.kext and the AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext doesn't work (or I have to set up some additional tweaking)

Any ideas on how I can get them working? Or please tell me if this is a hardware incompatibility issue or there are no d

ivers available.

Thanks

The iATKOS 1.0i has the drivers for Intel X3100 included. On the last screen before pressing Install, you have to select Customize, collapse the VGA tab and select the Intel X3100 drivers. Also make sure you have updated your BIOS before installing.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm in the same boat here, Compaq 6720s, no lan or onboard sound. We know that the onboard sound probably wont work ever, but the lan is probably fixable. I've tried the bcm43xx_enabler script with no luck.

If anyone has gotten the wireless to work, please let us know how you managed it. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Same here - Using iAtkos I have working 6720s with all but LAN and Audio.

As mentioned by Blacklight, the x3100 are included in the installation but have to be toggled on using Customise.

Wi-Fi only works out of the box if you have Celeron Laptop with factory fitted Broadcom card. If you have a Core 2 Duo (as I do) you will have to obtain a genuine HP Broadcom card as any other won't work - HP lock thier BIOS to reject any on genuine cards. You will get a 104 error and the laptop will not boot.

Tried ADA patcher using codec dump but no joy there either. Codec dump for AD1981 is posted here.

No joy in editing dev & ven IDs in kexts for LAN either

So still stuck in the same boat as the rest of you, let's hope the dev guys out there can work their magic!

HP_6720s_Codec_dump.txt

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...