INsallation failed Kalyway DVD

homers

11 posts in this topic

Hi

I downloaded the Kalyway 10.5.1 Leopard for Intel SSE2SSE3. This is the only version that I have ever been able to boot on my PC which is awesome news.

I have this spec:

Core 2 Duo E6600

ABIT IB9

Maxtor 160GB SATA

8800GTX

X-Fi X-Treme Music

I go to customize install - I select everything needed(Do I select SSE2 processor? I did anyway)

I click install.

It checks the DVD and then starts to install. I left the computer and came back to this:

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/764/leopardfx0.jpg

I also have a problem where my USB mouse always homes into the top left so if I move the mouse it jumps back to the top left. Why is that?

PLease help

Thanks

Hi

Ok I changed the Bootloader part in the Customize section to MBR and it installed succesfully. However, when I boot from the hard drive I simply get a flashing "_". Is this where you need to make it active partition?

If so is there any software besides Hirens Boot CD to do this as I get CDROM Driver errors with it?

Thanks

Your'e at the next step now!...

search the forum for "blinking cursor" you'll find PLENTY! ;):D:D

Also

you "I select everything needed(Do I select SSE2 processor? I did anyway)" NOOOOOO!!

you have a C2D processor it is SSE3!

SticMAN

Hi

I think there might be something wrong with the way I search. I searched for blinking cursor but all I get is a load of random topics and only two of which actually have blinking cursor associated with it.

Are you able to post any links?

Thanks

Try Google.....

this is one topic i found searching for "HFS+ Partition Error", and there is plenty more! :)

SticMAN

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=30858

Hi

I made a GParted Live CD and I set the boot flag to boot but now instead of the blinking "_" I get "HFS+ Partition Error". What does this mean?

It has something to do with the first part of the HD not being blessed or having a corrupt sector(not physically)... I suggest that you use the GParted Live program to delete the whole disk and then reformat to NTFS. After all that run the Leopard DVD and use Disk Utility to format again and then when you get to the custom section pick what you want, but not SSE2 you have a C2D. Then reinstall Leopard and it should work. You do not need to set it bootable because Kalyway's disk already does that for you.

Hi

I had some success. I left the INstall DVD in the drive and OS X booted into the operating system.

Problem 1 - I have a Microsoft USB mouse + keyboard and when it starts it says that it cant identify the keyboard and that it won't continue until a identified keyboard is connected. How do I resolve that. Also the mouse constantly jumps to the top left of the screen.

PRoblem 2- I have no sound

CAn you help me fix this?

Thanks