Apple Update Working?

jarobata

6 posts in this topic

I remember hearing rumors that we might be able to download updates from Apple with leopard on our hackintosh, did this ever happen? I've been searching and I can't seem to find an answer. i currently have a 10.4.9 AMD system going and I'm getting ready for an intel build with leopard and I was hoping I would finally have full compatibility (Leopard on my hackintosh identical to leopard on my macbook)

You can, there are many options for you. Kalyway 10.5.1 has the update already so the other software updates are easy. Unless you are using a real MAC PC, its anyones guess.

Well, on my Dell Inspiron E1705, with MBR partitioning, EFI emulation, and vanilla kernel, I currently have all of the available updates installed.

I assume the more vanilla your setup (especially kernel) the better shape you'll be in.

What is meant by vanilla? I've been trying to figure that out for awhile now. What's the risk in updating? I figured it wouldn't matter system to system.

The vanilla kernel is not a hacked kernel. If you have an Intel system, you can use Kalyway's 10.5.1 installation DVD to get a vanilla kernel working with some motherboards. I have it working on my Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L and I just updated with Software Update today. When you do the installation, check vanilla kernel. It's really easy. If you have an AMD system, I don't think there's a way to get a vanilla kernel working.

The vanilla kernel is not a hacked kernel. If you have an Intel system, you can use Kalyway's 10.5.1 installation DVD to get a vanilla kernel working with some motherboards. I have it working on my Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L and I just updated with Software Update today. When you do the installation, check vanilla kernel. It's really easy. If you have an AMD system, I don't think there's a way to get a vanilla kernel working.

I have the exact same motherboard ;)