Second core with P5LD2

Inviz

4 posts in this topic

Time ago i've tried to install JAS's package and the second core worked like a charm. But now with kalyway i always have to type CPUS=1.

I've seen many people getting it to work, but i just wonder how?

I have vanilla kernel installed, not sure about EFI (How do i check?).

The reason why do I want it so bad is that it's the last piece of a puzzle and man, i dont get more scores in xbench than 50. JUST 50 when people have up to 160! The stuff is a little choppy and i hope i'll fix it just like this.

Time ago i've tried to install JAS's package and the second core worked like a charm. But now with kalyway i always have to type CPUS=1.

The reason why do I want it so bad is that it's the last piece of a puzzle and man, i dont get more scores in xbench than 50. JUST 50 when people have up to 160! The stuff is a little choppy and i hope i'll fix it just like this.

its just a terminology question:

a original mac pro comes with 2 cpus each 2 cores

therefore 1 cpu with 2 cores for all the others

Hi Inviz, see this post #6

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=75981

If you have questions just let me know.