Are patched dvd iso's available?

loudog3114

11 posts in this topic

I was hoping to just download, burn, and install without having to patch anything myself... I have a banias cpu and an ati 9600 pro turbo. Im assuming that links to the torrents cant be hande dout, but can you give me a hint for search strings to use as ive been trying able still am unable to find it.

I was hoping to just download, burn, and install without having to patch anything myself... I have a banias cpu and an ati 9600 pro turbo. Im assuming that links to the torrents cant be hande dout, but can you give me a hint for search strings to use as ive been trying able still am unable to find it.

I'm sure questions like this are looked down on. Most of the guides you read tell you the exact names of the files you should be using. Also you don't really want a prepatched file because you don't know if some one had made a mistake doing it or not. I think the site name is profit12 ? His guide is VERY easy and I think thats what alot of people have been using with good outcome. I believe I used parts of his guide, but didn't fallow it word for word. So read those guides and get the file names from there, I'm sure mods don't like posts like this. It'll bring negative attention to this forum (more than it may already have).

Unlike the very preliminary leaks of OSX86, we have come to a point where simply replacing key components in the original DTK OSX86 can transform it into running in generic hardware. The patches are intended to simplify even THAT process.

I just got a patched iso that says macosx_10.4.3_8f1111a_JaS_Patch_4.2b. Im going to burn it later and try it out. Can I install it to a slave drive or do I have to switch it to a master drive? I havn't been on here in a long time. Okay I just now burned it and when I booted it up it stays stuck at the grey apple screen with the circle spinning. I didnt really wait that long but I dont think it should take that long to load. I tried booting with -x and -v but it keeps saying SAM, read or write failed and something else.

Okay the error when I try -v is

SAM Multimedia Read or Write failed Asc=0x3e, Ascq=0x02 . It said it three times and on teh fourth try it just said the same thing with I/0 error. I tried disabling my usb port and putting the cd drive in the first priority and it didnt help. I booted with platform=x86pc, platform=x86pc -x -v, -x,-v and normally but it stays at the grey apple screen with the spinning circle at the bottom.

My specs are Intel Celeron 2.4ghz sse2, Ati radeon 9600 pro,768mb and integrated audio C-media wave device.

I used the old mac os x 10.4.1 a long time ago and now came back to see whats new and tried using this new dvd iso. Is there a way I can remove the jas patch and burn it. I still have the image.

It's not that hard to patch an iso file, but if you can't do that you shouldn't even try to install osx.

Everyone wants the quick solution. Unfortunately, many of the "patched" torrents do not work, and do not state clearly what has been patched.

Check the MD5 of the patched .iso against the MD5 given on the Maxxuss site. I highly suggest doing your own patch. Check the md5 on everything as you go -- tried several "patched" iso that did not work. Patched my own, and it worked.