Successful Leopard Install on Badaxe

tyrion2323

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Well, my brother and I put together our first OSx86 system last week, and it's up and running and functioning well.

We followed a guide: LifeHacker's Guide

Our hardware:

Processor: Intel E6600 2.4GHZ Core2 Duo

Motherboard: Intel D975XBX2 "BadAxe" Motherboard

RAM: Some generic RAM that I got for free :D 2GB 667

Video: eVGA GeForce 7300GT

Hard Drive: Seagate 160GB SATA 7200.10

Results:

Success! Make sure to label everything correctly, and you'll have to format your flash drive in the OS-X Extended Journal format, but once you've done that, you're golden :)

Unresolved Issues:

- Onboard Audio still not working :(

- Have to boot with disc in drive :D

Well, I'm sure this link has already been posted, but I did want to contribute and let you new builders know - if you want something that you can count on working, this worked almost perfectly for my brother and I :)

There is a patch that Kalyway makes that makes your harddrive bootable so that you do not have to use the disk to start. Just search "make hard drive bootable" at the bay. The only problem is that you have to install it first then reinstall Leopard.

Congrats on your build. I think that if the Bad Axe 2 gets some much noise about the almost perfect setup for a hackintosh, why not the original bad axe. I have installed the iaktos leopard disc and it installed well with some small problems as well. http://uphuck.ggrn.de/forum/showthread.php...hlight=tri+boot, check it out. You stated that you don't have sound, but what about your network connection? (intel 10/100 PL i believe) Maybe we can try to make our own patches for the bad axe? I will try the kalyway disk in a couple of days after i download to see if there is a big difference and will give you the info on my different install sessions.