osx86 (iATKOS) vs Vista - geekbench results

rootnik

6 posts in this topic

After not being able to install Tiger to this machine due to hardware limitations, I gave iATKOS Leopard a shot and have been blessed with a pretty solid install. Still, this notebook was designed with Vista in mind. It has a shinny new "Windows Vista" sticker on it, and while it is not on the highest end of the hardware scale it has the right specs to run Aero comfortably.

I ran geekbench to see how much performance I was losing while running iATKOS over a fresh install of Vista.

The results

According to geekbench, instead of losing performance I am actually gaining by 13%. I expected the exact opposite.

I know I am not alone here, who else has gotten similar results? I am interested to see how osx86 performs against Windows XP.

<BR>After not being able to install Tiger to this machine due to hardware limitations, I gave iATKOS Leopard a shot and have been blessed with a pretty solid install. Still, this notebook was designed with Vista in mind. It has a shinny new "Windows Vista" sticker on it, and while it is not on the highest end of the hardware scale it has the right specs to run Aero comfortably.<BR><BR>I ran geekbench to see how much performance I was losing while running iATKOS over a fresh install of Vista.<BR><A href="http://browse.geekbench.ca/user/rootnik/profile" target=_blank>The results</A><BR><BR>According to geekbench, instead of losing performance I am actually gaining by 13%. I expected the exact opposite.<BR><BR>I know I am not alone here, who else has gotten similar results? I am interested to see how osx86 performs against Windows XP.<BR>
<BR><BR><BR>not same version of compiler, so not comparable. <BR>Mac OS X Geekbench have GCC 4.0.1 cca 6 month<BR>Win XP Visual C 2005 version sez

• 4 months later...