[RESOLVED!]Help! Everything But my ATI x600 Mobility Radeon Works!

trus0und

14 posts in this topic

I want my QE/CI to be enabled obviously! who wouldnt i mean this leopard install is great! but im stuck at 1024x768. What driver would somebody recommend i use to get my x600 working? i had it going in tiger, but im not sure if its different with leopard and i used callisto on tiger and i dont know if its compatible.

Thanks for any help someone can give!!

EDIT: FIXED http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry918283

• 1 month later...
UPDATE- Fixed the freeing issue. it was to do with sleep and it trying to put my hdd to sleep!

Hi FlashGX,

Im new to MAC OS. I got it installed in my computer but cant change the resolution in my ATI X600. Please can you help me with this issue? Where can I get the drivers?

Thanks in advance.

Hi FlashGX,

Im new to MAC OS. I got it installed in my computer but cant change the resolution in my ATI X600. Please can you help me with this issue? Where can I get the drivers?

Thanks in advance.

Same situation here. Installed Kaly on a HP Pavilion laptop with ATI Mobility Radeon X600. Everything works, I just need to adjust the screen resolution and the only setting available is 1024x768.

Ideas? and please be as specific as possible - I'm a total newbie and this hackintosh is my first mac experience.

Some guy actually got his x600 to work under Leopard with QE/CI, He replaced all the ATIRadeon9700 kexts with the ones from Tiger, and replaced one other ATIRadeon9700 kext with a kext from an earlier Leopard build, he hasn't come online yet so he hasnt sent me the kexts to do it. You can change resolution with Callisto patch no problem.

• 3 weeks later...
I want my QE/CI to be enabled obviously! who wouldnt i mean this leopard install is great! but im stuck at 1024x768. What driver would somebody recommend i use to get my x600 working? i had it going in tiger, but im not sure if its different with leopard and i used callisto on tiger and i dont know if its compatible.

Thanks for any help someone can give!!

check this site out

http://x86osx.com/bbs/data/osxtips/ATIMobileX1600Pack.zip

• 1 month later...

i've read in other posts that callisto can change the resolutions, but I dont know how to do that myself. The general impression that i get is that x600 is a tough one to work. Haven't heard of too many success stories, at least. I could really use some pointers though, this resolutoin is bugging me.

• 2 months later...
i've read in other posts that callisto can change the resolutions, but I dont know how to do that myself. The general impression that i get is that x600 is a tough one to work. Haven't heard of too many success stories, at least. I could really use some pointers though, this resolutoin is bugging me.

It's fairly simple to do. There's a post here that should help you along. It worked for me.

HP Pavilion ZD8000 CTO

Kalyway 10.5.2

ATI Radeon x600 Mobility (DevID=3150) - Res 1440x900 only - no QE/CL

Download a program called kext helper 0.7b and install it. Then download Callisto drivers (003 worked best for me) and drag it into kext helper. Click install and restart, you wont have QE/CI acceleration (its not possible to get QE/CI for x600 mobility on Leopard because the drivers used are PPC only) but you will have resolution change.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...