X1800xt in Leopard

NeoSkedar

10 posts in this topic

So, I was able to get my card recognized as a 512mb card and im able to change my screen resolutions to whatever i want. However, i still dont seem to have QE support and my CI says software. Here is what my graphics adapter shows:

ATI Radeon X1800 Series:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon X1800 Series

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x7100

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

E17T4W:

Resolution: 1280 x 720 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display Connector:

All I want is QE to work so I can use imovie, FCS, and even play some games like wow. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

So, I was able to get my card recognized as a 512mb card and im able to change my screen resolutions to whatever i want. However, i still dont seem to have QE support and my CI says software. Here is what my graphics adapter shows:

ATI Radeon X1800 Series:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon X1800 Series

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x7100

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

E17T4W:

Resolution: 1280 x 720 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display Connector:

All I want is QE to work so I can use imovie, FCS, and even play some games like wow. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You only need to put the device ID of your graphic card in atix1000.kext to get QE+CI working. Search the forum for more info about editing plists inside kexts.

I have the 256mb variant of this videocard and for 10.4.5 (Tiger) I only have half QE+CI supported, which means i dont get the flippy effect on widgets. Im not sure if the card is supported in leopard but it was only half supported in Tiger with graphic artifacts. I believe the x1800 series core is too different from the other 1000 series Radeons that are supported.

The x1800XT is supported perfectly in Tiger. I have the card and its both QE and CI. I havent updated to Leopard yet, but I read that its also fully suppoted there also. (At least the 256 MB version)

dadeef, I suggest you look around for the boris badenov (sp?) meathod. Also it may be your 10.4.5 version of Tiger is too old. 10.4.8 and later releases have full support for this card.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Can someone help me with this? I see that this thread has gone dead, but I have been trying to get thi to work for a few days now and I would really like some help.

x1800xt 512mb pciex16

I am using Kalyway 10.5.2 and there is something called ATYInject???

• 2 months later...

I am also curious about what is needed to get an x1800 working in 10.5.2 with QE/CI.

I am using Leo4All, and I have gotten my x1800 to at least let me change the resolution, however I cannot get QE or CI working. I used Natit.kext, renamed it to ATIRadeonX1000.kext. I had no ATIRadeonX1000.kext to modify, I assumed I had to just replace it with the Natit.kext. I'm not sure if that is what is meant by entering Natit.kext into ATIRadeonX1000.kext.

The device ID in my ATIRadeonX1000.kext are correct to my x1800. I also followed the BorisBadenov method as much as I could. Some steps I could not change, more specifically modifying ATINDRV.kext.

Anything else I should try?