37 posts in this topic

I have a HP Compaq Presario CQ-50 110EM

It has similar spec but like a bit more

CPU: AMD Turion X2 RM-70 @ 2GHz

RAM: 2GB

GPU: nVidia GeForce 8200M

HDD: 200GB SATA

and mine doesnt work either.

Doesnt get past the Darwin screen when you turn on the laptop.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, I have the 4520 whith atlhon X2 processor, the way for install OSx86 Leopard (Zephyro version) is:

1. Bios Setup change value for HDD disk for OHCI

2. Conect the HDD disk in usb port (whith usb adapter)

3. Insert OSX86 Leopard disk, and install in the usb disk

4. Reinsert the HDD disk in the laptop and its working (except Wifi, Sound, touchpad and Video) needs the installation disk for boot

I hope working for you

• 3 months later...

Hey! i also have the 4520. My install went super smooth, but i cant boot into OSX now. it gets stuck at the black screeen with a "SEGEGV code 0" message. anyways my specs and install methood are here

Acer Aspire 4520

AMD Turion 64x2 (2ghz)

Nvidia 7000m

250gb SATA (Western Digital Scorpio)

2gb RAM

Atheros 5007 wifi

instal:

I swapped the HDD for a 120gb Seagate (so i wouldnt have to format my vista install)

Went into BIOS to set the HDD mode to ACHI (this fixes the Still Waiting for Root Device message)

Loaded Leo4All v2 10.5.2 (this took a long time to load from DVD, i used the internal drive btw)

Formated the HDD to HFS+ (journaled) with the disk utility

Installed Osx, this took a loooong time lol. an hour i think. or more. the progress bar stalls everynow and then

It finished and now i cannot load it.

i get a SEGEGV code 0 message.

anyone got any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...
so do i, i have acer 4520 too, but i can't install kallyway or jas mac, no hdd...

is there anyone can tell me how to install it?

thanks.. :blink:

try to change the BIOS setting.. where you can find "IDE mode" change it to "AHCI mode"

but usually defaullt windows need you to change it back to "IDE Mode", if not you'll get the BSOD.

Hey! i also have the 4520. My install went super smooth, but i cant boot into OSX now. it gets stuck at the black screeen with a "SEGEGV code 0" message. anyways my specs and install methood are here

Acer Aspire 4520

AMD Turion 64x2 (2ghz)

Nvidia 7000m

250gb SATA (Western Digital Scorpio)

2gb RAM

Atheros 5007 wifi

instal:

I swapped the HDD for a 120gb Seagate (so i wouldnt have to format my vista install)

Went into BIOS to set the HDD mode to ACHI (this fixes the Still Waiting for Root Device message)

Loaded Leo4All v2 10.5.2 (this took a long time to load from DVD, i used the internal drive btw)

Formated the HDD to HFS+ (journaled) with the disk utility

Installed Osx, this took a loooong time lol. an hour i think. or more. the progress bar stalls everynow and then

It finished and now i cannot load it.

i get a SEGEGV code 0 message.

anyone got any ideas?

try to get another distro, leo4all should work without problem.. :)

but sound (ALC 268) and vga (Geforce 7000M) not working, dvd and wireless (Atheros) too...

i did ask wattleferdz though ask about sound, but not replied yet.. hope he'll reply my message..

anybody could help us please? :)

• 2 weeks later...
try to change the BIOS setting.. where you can find "IDE mode" change it to "AHCI mode"

but usually defaullt windows need you to change it back to "IDE Mode", if not you'll get the BSOD.

try to get another distro, leo4all should work without problem.. :)

but sound (ALC 268) and vga (Geforce 7000M) not working, dvd and wireless (Atheros) too...

i did ask wattleferdz though ask about sound, but not replied yet.. hope he'll reply my message..

anybody could help us please? :)

I just recently posted a small guide on how to get leopard working for acer 4520 (audio n ethernet is wrking, and wifi is still experimental) u can chk it out here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...amp;pid=1165258

i thinkso it will be alrite. U jus need to get and install the kexts properly

I've just burned it.... I'll try it now :)

I've just burned it.... I'll try it now :)

On Leo4All v4 it stops on "Still waiting for root device" any clue?

Thanks in advance!

• 5 months later...

Hey guys

So ive got a 4520 with the following specs

AMD athon 64x dualcore

nvidia geforce 7000m

2 g ram

160 gig hd

dvd multi

Im stuck at the apple screen with the loading gear at the bottom goes extreamly slow and seems when i press or hold keys it speeds up, but never loading os x....

ive tried some cpus=1 -v and platform=x86pc -legacy -v , not to sure if i need the spaces to the left of the hyphen? in -v mode, at hangs and stop with some Error 3 io: message i also seen the Error firewire message and right above that it says its fine ill up load a pic in a few min... and you guys still havin trouble with the HD not being seen trying going into your bios and changing sata to ahci. that worked for me.. any help would be great ive been searching for a few days, i installed iatkos v7 ill post my custom install in a few min..

• 4 months later...

I suggest you guys use either Kalyway 10.5.2 Intel/AMD or iDeneb v1.6 Lite Edition. You might want to choose iDeneb because it boots faster that Kalyway. Right now I am still on the look for a solution to my audio and graphics..

• 3 weeks later...