anyone with Acer Aspire 4520(AMD)

clyde08

37 posts in this topic

hi people.. i just want to ask if there's some around here with the same notebook as mine, Acer Aspire 4520..i succesfully install leopard on it. video card is ok.. its working but without QE/CI.. sound isnt working, also ethernet and wifi... here are the specs of my laptop.. i hope someone could help..

Processor

AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Mobile Technology clear.gif

Processor Type

AMD Turion TL-58 (1.9Ghz, 1MB L2Cache) clear.gif

Chipset

NVIDIA nForce® 610M (MCP67-MV) clear.gif

Memory

1 GB DDR2 ( Upgradeable up to 4 GB ) clear.gif

Display Screen

14.1" WXGA TFT Crystalbrite LCD, 1280 x 800 pixel resolution clear.gif

Video Type

NVIDIA GeForce® 7000M with up to 896 MB of TurboCache clear.gif

Video Memory

NVIDIA Shared Memory clear.gif

Hard Disk

120 GB SATA HDD clear.gif

Optical Drive

Built-in Super Multi Double Layer Drive clear.gif

Weight

2.48kg clear.gif

Dimension

342 (W) x 247 (D) x 35/38(H) mm clear.gif

Network Interface

Built in 56K Modem, Built in 10/100/1000 Gigabit LAN clear.gif

Wireless LAN

Built-in Acer Invilink Wireless LAN ( 802.11b/g)

• 3 weeks later...

my computer is same to you!

i have try evry VER.such as 10.4.8\10.4.9\10.4.10\10.5.1 for AMD

in my machine ,cann't find Sata drive.

use Vm install ,cann't sevral the problem.

could you tell us,how do you install you OSX??????

thanks you.

my english is so poor :D

Some tips from clyde08:

clyde08:

I was able to install leo on my laptop, but cant get the wifi and ethernet to work... so its pretty much useless...plus no QE/CI..so not so cool graphics...i'll just save money and buy a real mac...thats the most hassle free way to experience leopard...

me:

Ok, but what release you've used? What tutorial you've followed?

Thanks!

clyde08:

this is the tutorial i followed.. http://osx86.thefreesuite.com/leo_amd.php from there i searched on different forums.. i think i still have the kext to get the keyboard ng trackpad working on 4520.. but aside from that i wasnt able to make the other devices work.. hit me up if you need the keyboard kexts.. i might able to help you...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

HI guys, I have Acer 4520 too...And I was mad about getting hackintosh on my system...

Guess what finally I was able to install it!!!! 10.5.2!

Only one release is working with it that is Leo4All v2 (at the bay!)

But unfortunately sound/Lan/WiFi/Graphix not working :wacko:

Do let me know if some is able to these features run on Acer 4520.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi friends, has somebody installed the graphics in the 4520, i am trying with the nvinject with no succes, however i ve audio with an external cheap uca 200 frombehringer and the wifi is a mijoya usb external wireless, ..i hope this to be usefull ...

well good luck to everyone and congratulations to Eddie with his leo4all ...i ve used v2 , cause v3 crashes beagining the installtion process...

saludos desde Mexicvo to the insanelymac comunity...

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys! I was able to make my ethernet to work! Did this by editing nforce 4 installers to make the whole thing work. Now Im into making the sound to work. Anyone knows what's the ID of our MCP67 HDA?

Wattleferdz,

How you did that ? Do you have a gtalk ou msn account ? I´m trying install, but I get the 'still waiting for root device'

tkz !

Hi, i could install but cant start X after boot...it sometimes freezes something got erros on SATA, also i had to change on SETUP the sata operation mode to AHCI to find the disk at install, is that correct? no way to OS X works with IDE MODE?? Any light?

• 4 weeks later...
Hi guys! I was able to make my ethernet to work! Did this by editing nforce 4 installers to make the whole thing work. Now Im into making the sound to work. Anyone knows what's the ID of our MCP67 HDA?

Can you tell us how?

• 1 month later...

i have an aspire 4520 too, i install with the lawless release and a usb dvd drive without problem, the audio doesn't work i have tried with the alcinstaller 1 and 2 and no luck, can you tell me what release you use and how did you get your audio to work

thanks

Just an update guys, I now have my internal speakers to work! The only lacking things are the video card and the wifi!

Wattleferdz,

Could you tell us how you did that ? Did you create a how to ?

Regards,

Thiago Zerbinato

Brazil

so do i, i have acer 4520 too, but i can't install kallyway or jas mac, no hdd...

is there anyone can tell me how to install it?

thanks.. :star_smile:

at the moment audio and graphics doesn't work, if you wanna install set the sata mode in the bios to ahci and use a usb dvd drive, the lawless release is the best for amd computers

I also have an acer aspire 4520 but i have some different specs. for example i have an amd athlon 64 x2 processor, for some reason mine came with 4gb ram and some stuff, but its practically the same, so i understand that depending on the processor installing mac os may be or may be not possible, so if someone could tell me if i'm compatible and with which version i would be very grateful, thanx.

Sorry guys, was away for awhile

Anyway, i just played with taruga's alc2 installer. I modified the ID by adding 0x055c10de. Try it and tell me if its working because it did with me. Oh by the way, before doing the trick, i remember installing azaliaaudio.kext to have my internal speakers recognized.

• 3 months later...
HI guys, I have Acer 4520 too...And I was mad about getting hackintosh on my system...

Guess what finally I was able to install it!!!! 10.5.2!

Only one release is working with it that is Leo4All v2 (at the bay!)

But unfortunately sound/Lan/WiFi/Graphix not working ;)

Do let me know if some is able to these features run on Acer 4520.

I get my gbit Ethernet (10de,054c) to work using forcedeth driver just go inside Info.plist and add your deviceID.