Few small problems with iATKOS install

Pokopo

4 posts in this topic

I installed iATKOS successfully on my Bad Axe 2 w/ Q6600 Quadcore.

Everything seems to be fine except:

1: My HDs are constantly reading and writing something (waayy more than they did in uphuck Tiger) and are slower.. (They are SATA)

2: Every 20 minutes or so I get the rainbow circle and the system hangs for about half a minute and everything slows down extremely than goes back to normal.

3: The display goes to sleep every 13 minutes no matter what I do unless the mouse is moving. I changed the preferences but seems like they didn't work. I set it to never go to sleep but it still does..

Any ideas and help on these would be appreciated..

Thanks..

1: My HDs are constantly reading and writing something (waayy more than they did in uphuck Tiger) and are slower.. (They are SATA)

2: Every 20 minutes or so I get the rainbow circle and the system hangs for about half a minute and everything slows down extremely than goes back to normal.

I was having the exact same problem you described with 10.4.11 vanilla (xXx release; netkas pc EFIv8) on a GUID partition. when i reformatted and installed on MBR, (still pc efi v8 & vanilla) the problem went away.

This is probably just Spotlight indexing, it should stop after a while.

3: The display goes to sleep every 13 minutes no matter what I do unless the mouse is moving. I changed the preferences but seems like they didn't work. I set it to never go to sleep but it still does..

Double check your System Preferences.

You were right about the indexing, I forgot about it, the disks seem to be fine now and the hiccuping has stopped.

The only problem I have is:

a problem with torrent downloads on iATKOS Leopard on a Bad Axe 2 w/ Q6600..

successfully mapped ports and everything.. no problem there but for some reason i am getting like 2K/s on torrents with 200+ seeders..

Tried Tranmission, Azureus, BitRocket, alll the same problem.. I don't think it's a router port problem; both green lights are on in Transmission and I have the problem even if I take out the router and turn off firewall.. All other internet connections seem to be fine. It's just torrents..

Any help would be great.