Does Kalyway Leo work with X600 moblility

Miro30

12 posts in this topic

Hi there,

Has anyone tested Kalyway Leopard on a HP Pavillion ZD8000 with X600 Mobility????

I have Jas 10.4.9 on my laptop now but there is the mouse tearing problem, does installing Kalyway take care of this graphic problem???

Many thanks,

Miro30

• 2 months later...

I have! I installed kalyway 10.5.1 on my zd8000 with x600 radeon card and everything worked great! except the screen resolution. The only screen res option is 1024x768 so everything is squished on the zd8000s wide screen. But, using the ToHkernel in kalyway, Leo does install and run fine.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's how to get 1440x900 res on a HP ZD8000 series laptop with ATI x600 video card.

1. Download these kexts:

http://rapidshare.com/files/111177088/Call..._x600_.zip.html

2. Unzip all files and move them to /System/Library/Extensions

3. Open Terminal (Utilities folder)

4. Load new kexts;

exact commands for newbies below:

cd /System/Library/Extensions

sudo chmod -R 755 Callisto*.* (enter password when prompted)

sudo chown -R root:wheel Callisto*.*

5. Delete kext cache;

cd /System/Library

sudo rm Extensions.*

6. Reboot

7. After reboot, go to Systems Preferences, Displays and select 1440x900 :D

8. Enjoy!

***Note***

QE not supported

Kalyway 10.5.1

HP ZD8105

3.2 GHZ

1 GB ram

ATI x600

_.:x3nse:._

• 2 months later...
I as well have goten Kalyway installed on the good old zd8000.

Has anyone gotten the broadcom wireless to work or USB?

zd8000

Tri-Boot

*Windows XP Pro

*OS X Kalyway

*Gentoo Linux

Broadcom wifi works if you click 'Customize' during the installation and check the Broadcom_wifi drivers. I overlooked this the first 3 times I installed it. Secondarily, you can manually edit the IO80211Family.kext file on an installed system and add your device ID to the Info.plist. It's not as easy, but it'll work in a pinch. I'd give you step by step instructions, but I can't recall it all at present and I know I found the answer on the forums here.

Good luck!

• 1 month later...
Broadcom wifi works if you click 'Customize' during the installation and check the Broadcom_wifi drivers. I overlooked this the first 3 times I installed it. Secondarily, you can manually edit the IO80211Family.kext file on an installed system and add your device ID to the Info.plist. It's not as easy, but it'll work in a pinch. I'd give you step by step instructions, but I can't recall it all at present and I know I found the answer on the forums here.

Good luck!

thanks for the help!

• 5 months later...

I just managed to get a stable boot with iPC 10.5.6 on my old nx8220. So wanted to try this x600 driver and followed this guide but it didn´t work. As soon as I copy the files to the extensions folder I get a message saying

"System extensions cannot be used. The System extension /System/Library/Extensions/CallistoHAL.kext was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product´s vendor for an update."

I then went through the Terminal Changes and rebooted - as soon as OSX is loaded I get the same error message as before and no other Resolution are available.

Does this Driver only work on a Kalyway Installation or should it work on my iPC Installation?

Thanks

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Thanks X3NSE

u are genius

had a issue with my Acer 1690 ati X600, could not change the refreshing rate 60hz

fellowed your guide now my osx86 it´s running on 85hz .

and my eyes don´t hurt any more

thanks again

Vinan

Got it to work on my zd8000

Got the error message, but did two things. After the final command in terminal, I typed "exit" and terminal logged-out, saving my changes. Also, I double-clicked the executable terminal file (after it was copied to the correct directory), and it ran itself. Upon restarting, I had incredible resolution!

Thank you!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Has anyone got it to work with Snow Leopard

I'm trying to use the iAtkos S3 version 2, which installs 10.6.3

I cannot get it to boot! I can install everything and get the os on the system, just can't boot the damn system!

Im using a HP Pavilion zd8000 more specifically zd8369ea

Pentium 4 3ghz HT Processor

2048 MB ram (single ram stick)

ATI Mobility Radeon x600

Altec Lansing Speakers, Realtek HD Sound i do believe but not sure