good microphone?

untitled1100

5 posts in this topic

Hey!

I'm thinking of getting a (first) microphone soon, to record vocals and also acoustic guitar sometimes. I was advised today to get the SE2200a condenser mic. Have any of you used this before, if so what do you think of it?

What other mics would you recommend?

My budget is max £130...

Look forward to what you think!

R0DE makes really awesome microphones at unbeatable prices. I have both the NT1-A and the NT-2000, and although they are the least expensive mics I own, they are also the mics I use the most. You won't regret purchasing one.

What kind of preamplifier(s) are you using? This is equally as important.

• 3 weeks later...

Hands down, the best bang for your buck is to get an Apex 460 and make a small modification yourself- it's pretty straight forward.

The Apex 460 is a tube condenser- and a relativel y inexpensive one at that. But if you open it up and replace the tube inside with a Groovetube (it's just a matter of unplugging the one that's there, and plugging in the new one), it sounds fantastic on vocals. I've used this on projects where we've had access to mics much more expensive than this (U87's and such), and we've ended up using this.

Probably on par with the Rode mics too, in terms of cost. I also have a Rode NT-2000, though in comparison it sounds a little more abrasive. Hope that helps!

• 2 weeks later...

Rodes are decent mic's for the decent price. Best Bang for you buck and not going over 300 is the Studio Projects Line! the C1 condensor is a beast......almost sounds like the neuman line. I got the B1 condensor..i had the C1 which got stolen but they both do theyre job tremendously!! especially 4 vocals