P5LP-LE, SSE3, ToH 9A581 RC2

Badie05

11 posts in this topic

I am not very impressed. I downloaded and tried 3 differents types of Leopard. First I tried the Brazil Mac directions. It just didn't work. I had too many problems. Next I tried the flat image, I later found out that I needed Tiger already, and then I tried ToH, the most successful of the 3. But I still got no where. After install completes, I get the message "Still waiting for root device." I read the FAQ and don't really understand what is wrong. Something with IDE??? Anyways, I am willing to pay someone personally throught Paypal to help me in realtime and give me steps by step help. Very indepth help. I am completely new. This is cool and I really want a crack at it. I will pay only if I get a successful install of Leopard running. Hardware compatibility is another situation. Here are my specs:

-Rocketfish 700W RF-700WPS PSU.

-ASUS P5LP-LE (Leonite).

-Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 @ 2.13GHz + Stock CPU Fan.

-2GB Samsung PC2-4300 DDR2-533.

-BFG Tech NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS 320MB.

-2 x Seagate 7200 320GB = 640GB.

-TS-H653L DL 16X DVD+/-RW.

-Realtek HD Audio + Altec Lansing VS4142 2.1.

-HP w2207 22" Widescreen LCD (VGA-DVI).

-Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit. (SP1 Soon)

You can install the flat image from Windows. In fact, the contents of the zip file are Windows exclusive. =S

Are you telling me this cause it worked for you. Cause everyone told me different thigns and I tried them all. None worked. Or I am retarted. I am trying to follow http://osx86.thefreesuite.com/leo_intel.php because I have hope in ToH. But now My ISO and DVD suddenly disappeared. What else can go wrong? :wacko:

Still waiting for root device.

- Make sure that the partition is set 'active' (step 5 of the guide)

- Try to install to another had disk

- Read: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...for+root+device

Sorry for the short answer, but I gotta go now, if your problem is not solved this eveneing, reply and I'll do some more research. All I know atm is that you can fix the roor device error by messing with your hard disks, partitions or putting the install disk in another dvd player....

Guest Snowski

Have you enabled all the PATA/SATA channels from within your BIOS settings?

It could be related to SATA/MOBO compability too so search for users that has the same hardware spec as you (and maybe send a pm to them)

Good luck!

I am not very impressed. I downloaded and tried 3 differents types of Leopard. First I tried the Brazil Mac directions. It just didn't work. I had too many problems. Next I tried the flat image, I later found out that I needed Tiger already, and then I tried ToH, the most successful of the 3. But I still got no where. After install completes, I get the message "Still waiting for root device." I read the FAQ and don't really understand what is wrong. Something with IDE??? Anyways, I am willing to pay someone personally throught Paypal to help me in realtime and give me steps by step help. Very indepth help. I am completely new. This is cool and I really want a crack at it. I will pay only if I get a successful install of Leopard running. Hardware compatibility is another situation. Here are my specs:

-Rocketfish 700W RF-700WPS PSU.

-ASUS P5LP-LE (Leonite).

-Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 @ 2.13GHz + Stock CPU Fan.

-2GB Samsung PC2-4300 DDR2-533.

-BFG Tech NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS 320MB.

-2 x Seagate 7200 320GB = 640GB.

-TS-H653L DL 16X DVD+/-RW.

-Realtek HD Audio + Altec Lansing VS4142 2.1.

-HP w2207 22" Widescreen LCD (VGA-DVI).

-Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit. (SP1 Soon)

Is your cd drive or hdd ide? If so, make sure it's set as 'Master' on the pins.

-Stell

Thanks. I will look into this ;)

Edit: Just got another copy of Mac OSX 10.5 Leopard ToH OSX86 9A581 RC2 disc and I followed these steps:

http://www.osx86.thefreesuite.com/leo_intel.php

I got to where it says

5. In the command window, type:

>> List disk

>> Select disk [disk #]

>> List partition

>> create partition primary id=af

>> active

I did the first 3 parts but at

>> create partition primary id=af

>> active

I was lost. I just skipped those and followed to next steps:

6. Insert the Leopard install disk (if you don't have it, search for a ToH RC2 disk on the usual places...) and reboot your computer.If it doesn't boot up your Leopard disk you may have to change your BIOS settings to allow booting from a DVD.

That was fine. I told my BIOS (using ESC) to boot from DVD. The Darwin Bootloader stared. I typed in "-v-x" and clicked ENTER. The installation started with lots of words and text. I was patient and waited till it looked like it was done. Then it said:

Extension "com.apple.driver.itunesphonedriver" has no explicit kernel dependency; using version 6.0

Then

ERROR: FireWire unable to determine security-mode; defaulting to full secure

Then this stays forever and keeps repeating

"Still waiting for root device."

I just want to know exactly what to do. Stellarola above tells me to change my pins on my optical drives to Master. Any other options if that doesn't work? Thanks!

Is your cd drive or hdd ide? If so, make sure it's set as 'Master' on the pins.

-Stell

Actually, sadly both my HDD and Optical Drive at IDE (I checked in Vista's hardware manager under enumerator)

So I switch my HDD to slave?? Master?? Or both my Optical and HDD to Master. Not every good at this stuff but know how to do it. Thanks. :lol:

• 7 months later...

Hey Badie05, I'm guessing you got Leopard successfully installed on your computer. I was wondering if your are using 10.5.2 or where able to upgrade to something newer. I have the same mobo you have and when I tried to upgrade to 10.5.3 I just got errors and had to restore it back to 10.5.2. Also, are your front audio ports working? I never got mine to work.