Itunes music files MP3 converter? DVD Ripping software?

FADEtoHATE

7 posts in this topic

Back when i had a PC, i downloaded a program that allowed me to convert all of my itunes music files into MP3s and i was just wondering if anyone knew where i could find one for MAC. I dont remember what what i had was called, but i do remember it was shareware, and it had really good sound quality. Any help someone could give me would be greatly appreciated... PEACE OUT!!!! :blink:

P.S. Copyright laws and CSS type encryptions are maddening, i tried to put a DVD on my computer the other day, only to find out i couldnt do that because it was encrypted... anyone with some info on ripping encrypted dvd's would also be amazing :) i dont wanna pirate the DVD's that i physically own, i just want to back them up on my computer, i already lost a few dvd's i own because they got too scratched up... alright thats everything i think...

Doesn't iTunes convert them automatically whenever you add the songs to your library?

It converts them if you import them from a CD or import a WMA (Windows only).

If you want to convert a song to a MP3. Change the import type in the iTunes preferences to MP3. Then, right click the song you wish to covert and select "Convert selection to MP3". :D

itunesprefswg7.jpg

im talking about extracting the audio from an .M4A file, songs that you buy and download off itunes. I had a program that would turn the itunes/ipod only songs into .mp3's or wma's and it took out all the encryption that they force into it... im not gonna sell the music or anything, i just wanna be able to put it on certain things that i cant normally put it on thats all... im fine with my not-legal music, i can convert that fine, i need help cracking the encryption...

post-156607-1198366108_thumb.png