Stuck at the begining....cannot install off DVD

koolkiwikat

17 posts in this topic

Hi Team

Having trouble getting my Leopard Groove on....I cannot seem to make a Leopard install disc(Followed Brazilmacs instructions).....I can mount on my Imac so the ISO looks good....but my PC wont boot off it....Ive searched hi and lo cant seem to find any solid info on how to boot off a patched Leopard disc

Previously installd 10.4 now wanting a fresh install of leopard to play with

Much Love to those who help :)

Hi Team

Having trouble getting my Leopard Groove on....I cannot seem to make a Leopard install disc(Followed Brazilmacs instructions).....I can mount on my Imac so the ISO looks good....but my PC wont boot off it....Ive searched hi and lo cant seem to find any solid info on how to boot off a patched Leopard disc

Previously installd 10.4 now wanting a fresh install of leopard to play with

Much Love to those who help ;)

don't burn you install dvd with a real mac, take the iso and burn in a windows machine use isoburn and burn it slow...i tried to burn the patched dvd with a powermac and it wasn't working iether...

once i burned it with windows it worked fine...

don't burn you install dvd with a real mac, take the iso and burn in a windows machine use isoburn and burn it slow...i tried to burn the patched dvd with a powermac and it wasn't working iether...

once i burned it with windows it worked fine...

Tried your suggestion a couple of times....still doesnt boot from disc, It mounts on my mac fine

Ive tried DVD+RW -RW, +R, -R via Toast and Disc util on the mac....no luck

Ive tried burning the ISO via Nero on PC....no luck

Im using Sony, Mitsi, TDK media....no luck

Any thing Im missing out on?

Ive Patched the DMG as per Brazilm's suggestions....it mounts on my mac....but when Ive tried multiple ways of burning the ISO on mac or pc....the Discs dont boot :2cents:

I've had success booting with the ToH RC2 DVD.

Note: required HD preparation using the EFI v80 installer, before the Leopard install.

My only experience with BrazilMac was with someone's torrent of an already patched iso, which would not boot on my machine.

No sure if you have tried "PowerISO" on a windows PC as that does the job for me with all these ISO's, also in your BIOS just double check that you have the optical drive to boot before the hard disk (although, you should be able to press a key at the POST like TAB, F10 something like that all motherboards are different)

I dont think its any issues with the brand of media that your using since your using decent dvds anyway, depending on your drive maybe try burning a little slower?

I burned my BrazilMac in Tiger on my Hack. No issues, and it shouldn't make a difference on which system you burn it on. Seems as if this may be a hardware problem, have you checked to see if your hardware is compatible, most specifically your motherboard.

Details of my Rig is in my Sig already, DVD 1st boot device(Other Installs boot thru except this one), the discs ive made mount on my mac....but dont boot thru via PC or my laptop....maybe the script I used is corrupt?

Im hoping I dont have to dlow another 6 or 7GB Pre Patched version as the leopard I have already is a retail DMG and I upgraded my mac with it

Im hoping someone out there has some clues

Details of my Rig is in my Sig already, DVD 1st boot device(Other Installs boot thru except this one), the discs ive made mount on my mac....but dont boot thru via PC or my laptop....maybe the script I used is corrupt?

Im hoping I dont have to dlow another 6 or 7GB Pre Patched version as the leopard I have already is a retail DMG and I upgraded my mac with it

Im hoping someone out there has some clues

you did run the pre-patch, didn't you?

did you follow the instructions on the brazilmac guide completely?

so you have the retail dmg on your mac, then you patch it using brazilmac's patch, then you burn it to a dvd using disk utility, then your pc won't boot from it?

Ive followed brazilmacs guide to building a iso to burn....all the iso's and discs ive made mount and show the contents on my mac so I guess there complete....Its just they do not boot from DVD both internal external firewire DVD writer....and my laptop

i tried ISOBURN @ 4x....twice....no luck...burns discs like the others....does mount on my mac....just doesnt boot on my pc

Is there a boot componet missing from the install script on the build?? I dunno what Im looking at too test, Ive d lowed a couple of other patchs from brazilmacs 1st post....there all the same....Im not making coasters...they just dont boot! :wacko:

Ok...for me this is what worked:

Brazilmacs instructions stated that you enter sudo -s, then password....cd desktop etc then run the script....

I then thought it was patching the disc correctly....there were binding errors etc....and the discs I made mounted in my mac....thought I was doing it all ok.....

I was wrong.....

You need to have a password on your account

You need to enter your pass...I did but was stuck on the "bash-3.2#" that popped up in terminal when I entered my pass...I thought I made a mistake as when you do the sudo -s command then dont enter a pass....it looks correct still so I made all my burns incorrectly!

bash-3.2# is ok!!!! after you enter your password into terminal, bash-3.2# will show in terminal.....then drag and drop the patch on to the terminal window!!! and let it run!!!

Thats it! My iso burns and boots!

I made my discs in Imac running Leopard....using toast!

Now Im trying to fix my reboot error :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...