badaxe2, 1333fsb and 7300gt

7 posts in this topic

today i got my badaxe2, cause my previous mobo didnt like osx86 for some reason. i installed everything, e6750 c2d 1333fsb, nvidia 7300gt, but for some reason i dont get any video, at all! not even bios. I know its not really osx86 related, but i was hoping someone might know a solution.

Sounds like you've failed to POST. I thought 1066 was the maximum bus speed.

Have you tried moving the BIOS jumper to recovery position i.e. instead of covering the top two out of three pins, have it cover the bottom two out of three pins. This should get you back into the BIOS.

I had almost the exact same problem last week - Bad Axe 2, DDR2-800, and 7300GT - no BIOS/POST, no video, nothing. Turns out the entire board was dead. I RMA'd it and got a new one, new one works great. There was another guy posting about this same problem a few days ago...seems like we're getting a run of bad Intel boards...

My inital run of hardware was almost identical to yours with the same result. You'd expect the e6750 to downclock to the BX2's max bus speed of 1066mhz but it doesn't. You'll have to replace one or the other. My recomendation is the CPU. The BX2 is a great board and requires very little tweaking to get it to work.

Yes, as decayinjack said, i think the e6750 c2d REQUIRES a board with FSB1333. BX2 only has 1066. So no go. Better get the e6700 CPU. Or the Q6600 (depending on what you do). Problem with the 6700 is: it is nearly double the price of the 6750 by equal speed... Intel wants to force people to get the 1333 FSB things, boards chipsets and son on... So depeindig on what you do, the q6600 may be best value for the price.