Boot hangs after "MAC Framework successfully initialized"

antst

28 posts in this topic

Hi!

I see strange problem on ASRock 4core133-eSATA2 board (P31/ICH7).

Boot from any DVD/HDD hangs at the same point. Last it prints is:

"MAC Framework successfully initialized

using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers".

I tried ToH kernel, and vanila kernel with PC_EFI. Result is the same.

I tried to boot from DVD and from flat image on IDE or USB HDD. Result is the same.

Any ideas, what it can be?

I had this happen to me once... I rebooted with -f then deleted my extensions.mkext and repaired permissions. I was then able to boot without any flags. I'm running ToH RC2 with a vanilla kernel.

I tried to boot with any possible combinations of -x -f -legacy platform=ACPI/X86PC

No success :)

hey, i have the ASRock ConRoe1333-D667 R1.0 and got the same result as you did. Hope we get solution to our problem. I'll let you know if i find one.

I actually tried bunch of installers, the Leopard got me that far while the others (Jas and Kalyway) keeps rebooting after couple of messages.

I had the same problem with my MSI P965 Platinum motherboard. It happened after I had upgraded the BIOS from version 1.6 to 1.7. After restoring the 1.6 BIOS-version the problem was solved.

Maybe it's something similar with your motherboard?

i got it working now and im happily running leopard right now with most of my hardwares working fine. just the audio input not detected.

well, i did what i said i won't do. from bios v1.6 to 1.3 (tried 1.4 btw, but no go) and everything works like charm. it's ASRock ConRoe1333-D667

• 5 months later...

Hi There!

i have the Asrock 4Core1600P35-WiFi+ board and dont have the posibility to flash a priviouse version of the bios because its allready 1.00 ... i stuck on the same problem it halts on MAC Framwork successfully initilized using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers... i tryed serveral Kernels included in 10.5.2 Kalyway... As i installed the Kalyway 10.5.2 i had to use this flags: -x -v "Graphics Mode"="1024x768x32@60" cpus=1 to get it to boot the installer... I also tried to boot the OS with those flags but still same halt... AHCI is deactivated also Firewire, LAN, WIFI, AUDIO - i deactivated almost everything to decrease the range of possible error sources...

My Speks are:

Motherboard:

Asrock 4Core1600P35-WiFi+

- Intel P35 + ICH9R Chipsets

- Realtek RTL8111B/RTL8111C Gigabit Lan (Deactivated)

- Wlan Onboard (Deactivated)

- Firewire Onboard (Deactivated)

- SATAII onboard (Deactivated - IDE Emulation through Bios activated)

Memory:

4 GB DDR 2 RAM on Dualchannel (also used maxmem=2048)<

Graphics:

ATI Radeon 2600 XT 512 MB PCI-e

CPU:

Intel Core2Duo E4600 2x 2,4 GHz - SSE/SSE2/SSE3/IA64 etc.

HDD:

320 GB WD SATAII

DVD:

Samsung DVD Brenner auch SATA

Please help i dont have a clue whats else i could do....

greetz

DJnEO

PS: sorry 4 my very bad english it've been a while since i last wrote something in english since my schooltime :(

actually i dont understand why the install dvd get past over this line "Mac Framework successfully initilized" and the installed version not... it has to do something with ACPI/APIC driver... because those are the next lines on the boot dvd booting in -v mode ... next 2 lines are:

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 0:23

ACPI: Systeme State [s0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)

so... someone a hint ?

I'm stuck on that same thing too. I'm using Kalyway 10.5.2 and after installation, I get that screen and nothing more.

My specs:

Motherboard:

MSI Neo P35 socket 775 with the upgraded BIOS (v.1.7)

CPU:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

Graphic:

Asus GeForce 8400GS 256MB DDR2

Memory:

Crucial DDR2 BallistiX PC8500 2048MB

HDD:

Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB

What should we do?

I got two HDDs one IDE with 400gigs and one Sata with 250gigs...might this be the problem?

i got 2 Sata HDDs too and tried to emulate IDE port - but dont think thats the problem because the DVD boots up and it loads a smal version of OSX so OSX has to boot also!!! But i dont understand why its not booting or what i have to do to get the dvd booting version to my HDD....

would be nice if someone could help...

When installing, check the JaS 1048 SSE2 ACPI APIC patch, this should solve it. But then you will need to boot with "cpus=1", otherwise it will keep rebooting.

I have the same AsRock mainboard (4Core1600P35 WiFi+), Bios 1.30, Q6600, Kalyway 10.5.2 working with cpus=1 flag at boot.

Hope it helps.

thx cealapa!!!!! It worked!!!!!!!!!! great many many thx :D - but if i have to boot always with cpus=1 it means that i cant use my second core ;) or is there any posibility to use it ? greetz and thx

• 3 months later...

Hi Guys,

Can someone help please?

I have the same problem.

I'm using a MSI P35 Diamond motherboard

I've tried everything above but can not get it working.

I've spent four days on this now and i think im comming to the end of this whole osx86 thing :-(

If anyone can suggest something, that would be great

Thanks,

Dom

UPDATE 1:

I've just found a post here which explains adding the SSE2 patch solves the problem for them. I'm going to try this now and post back my results.

UPDATE 2:

Right got it booting with the SSE2 patch selected! Yey! now onto getting my nic, sound, video, memory and cpu working correctly.

• 1 month later...
I am looking for tester for a possible fix to this problem. I have a modified AppleAPIC that needs to be installed that should resolve this problem.

Hi, I have this problem with hanging.

I'm ready to test your modified AppleAPIC, if it is not too late.