Leopard D620 can't get Broadcom 57xx to work

scsi050

14 posts in this topic

I have read all the forums and tried everything. I'm probably don't something wrong, but please help. I installed 10.5 on my D620. Wireless works out of the box, but no wired. I know it is a broadcom b57xx, but I think its id is a 1677. Does any one know the secret to get this to work?

Your wireless worked right out of the box? That's awesome.. what card is it? I have the D610 and the card isn't even detected =(. I got my 57xx working through a modified kext here, I'll try to find it when I'm free.

• 1 month later...

Here is a useful link for getting the internal gigabit card to work... I haven't tried it yet, but do so sometime today or this weekend.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...479&hl=d620

The D610 - it depends what wireless card you have - this model come in two version - one a Dell card (works on Mac) the other Intel which won't work.) You can purchase one from dell.

There two more on lists to complete the installation

1. Need to get sound working

2. Need to get the internal LAN working

Running Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1 - vanilla install and the GForce.mpkg install for video on the D620

• 4 weeks later...

I have a D620 with Nvidia graphics, BCM5752, Intel Wireless, and Dell 350 Bluetooth.

Last weekend I tried loading both Kalyway and iATKOS. Neither came up with the internal BCM57xx LAN, wireless, or sound active, i.e., can’t see them from within profiler, but I like the Kalyway load better so that is where I am at now.

I did this last year on another D620 with different graphics and wireless but same BCM57xx and loading 10.4.8. It was very unstable and even without the BCM57xx enabled so I waited.

I followed the “change Device ID, rebuild the Extensions.mkext file and reboot” method and can now see en0 in profiler and ifconfig. I am, however, unable to change the MAC or bring the interface up. It will let me change media but ifconfig always comes back with (<unknown type>).

Anyone have any ideas they would like to share?

thx

PS I am not using Vanilla kernel

I have a D620 running Leopard 10.5.2

The config is with Intel GMA graphics, Dell Wireless (not Intel Centrino)

There is NO way yet to get Built in Ethernet Broadcom 5752 to work on either Tiger or leopard. All solutions here are for 5751 and it seems 5752 is a totally different beast.

Audio works by using AppleHDAPatcher with sigmatel9200 codec dump

QE/CI fully supported. After updating with Leopard Graphics Update, have to restore AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext from brazilmac patch

Dell Wireless (Broadcom based) gets recognised as Airport Extreme and works fine without issues even with WPA2

• 2 weeks later...
I have read all the forums and tried everything. I'm probably don't something wrong, but please help. I installed 10.5 on my D620. Wireless works out of the box, but no wired. I know it is a broadcom b57xx, but I think its id is a 1677. Does any one know the secret to get this to work?

It is a NIC? R45?

• 3 weeks later...

I got the same story as everyone else with my D620 Centrino/Broadcom 5752:

network works fine for a few seconds then locks up with shutdown dialog. . .

ifconfig reveals my MAC but Network Prefs only got 00's. . .

I even tried adding my MAC address to the Ethernet5751 file directly for an instant lock up. . .

my solution:

boot up with a USB stick and surf from within Linux. . .

Have you tried this link from the Tutorial Bar?

The second contained link in the post is the general solution for BroadCom 57xx ethernet cards. That's how I finally got my BC5788 working on the Tiger installation on my laptop.

-----

Be forewarned, though, there's some light hex-editing required. It's worth the trouble though if it works :censored2:

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
I have a D620 running Leopard 10.5.2

The config is with Intel GMA graphics, Dell Wireless (not Intel Centrino)

There is NO way yet to get Built in Ethernet Broadcom 5752 to work on either Tiger or leopard. All solutions here are for 5751 and it seems 5752 is a totally different beast.

Audio works by using AppleHDAPatcher with sigmatel9200 codec dump

QE/CI fully supported. After updating with Leopard Graphics Update, have to restore AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext from brazilmac patch

Dell Wireless (Broadcom based) gets recognised as Airport Extreme and works fine without issues even with WPA2

What install (iatkos, leo4all, kalyway) worked for a D620 and with what kernal, driver options?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...