USB ADSL Modems

25 posts in this topic

How much sucess have people had getting their USB ADSL modems up and running? I'm trying to get my Speedtouch 330 working with no luck at the moment. I've tried using the install disk that came with it which has OS X packages on it, but it isn't working.

Any ideas....

How much sucess have people had getting their USB ADSL modems up and running? I'm trying to get my Speedtouch 330 working with no luck at the moment. I've tried using the install disk that came with it which has OS X packages on it, but it isn't working.

Any ideas....

port the linux drivers or get a proper modem which supports PPPoE

I have a Sagem F@st 800. I installed the drivers from the CD (OS X drivers) and the DSL monitoring application and internet connection are added to the dock and run fine, but it claims that my Modem is not connected.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Yup I get the same issue. Everything installs ok but the modem never appears as a new network interface. The modem lights up but doesn't get past blinking 1 red led (needs to get 2 green to be ready to dial)

Yup I get the same issue. Everything installs ok but the modem never appears as a new network interface. The modem lights up but doesn't get past blinking 1 red led (needs to get 2 green to be ready to dial)

Same, Ive got the same modem.

Anyone who has any ideas I really would appreciate it, I wanna go online with OSX :D

You can get drivers for Tiger here: http://lgsagem.free.fr/Telechargement/Driv...-v303d-INTL.dmg

Whack them on a USB Stick or iPod and you'll be good.

I've tested them on my osx86-roseta-sse2 and they do the same thing though. Drivers install okay, it puts the monitor program in the dock along with the internet connection .app, but still reports that the modem is unplugged (even when it's plugged in and the lights are on).

I'm beginning to think that even with Rosetta these drivers simply won't work because they're built for a Mac USB Hub. I've done some work with IOUSBFamily in the past so i could probably try porting the linux drivers over..

Let us know if this works for any of your versions of OSX86 though! :D

Hmm, just as i feared!

Well through doing a "-v" boot i just discovered that the modem kext extensions aren't being loaded properly. The console reports a link/load error and says there's a missing config string, so im now going to try editing the .kext and seeing if i can get it to load up right.

I've found my usb modem drivers

but same like yours without no lucky

the drivers installed fine

but the usb led doesn't showup

If someone want to play a bit, maybe you will have more lucky than me, if you can get Speedstream 5200 working, please tell me. <_<

here is the link of driver:

Paste it on iexplorer (firefox have some trouble to get)

http://kb.efficient.com/utility/getfile.asp?rid=5204

Any ideas....

Just use the ethernet connection on the modem. If it doesn't have one buy a modem that does off of ebay. An ethernet connection is MUCH better than a usb one.... though I am probably biased having 10mbit down 1mbit up service for about 7 years now ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Just use the ethernet connection on the modem. If it doesn't have one buy a modem that does off of ebay. An ethernet connection is MUCH better than a usb one.... though I am probably biased having 10mbit down 1mbit up service for about 7 years now :mellow:

But when the ethernet card does'nt work (lije for example broadcam BCM 5788 on acer 1510), it could be great that a usb modem work... (or to find a PCMCI ethernet 10/100 card that work...)

• 2 months later...

Hi!

I've got Speedtouch ADSL modem which is not working.

I've found another one : Intel AnyPoint 3240. I have drivers for it, but unlikly for me it's not working as well.

Has anyone tried to use it with success?

Cheers

Greg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

After installing 10.5.2 Kalyway release I've problems with my Sagem F@st... few hour later I bought TP-LINK (in poland) ADSL router...and it works perfectly with full speed.

So don't think to much and buy yourself one :]

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've got the same problem.

Just got my new Macbook Pro (I know theres a new one out anytime now...) & my Speedtouch 330 won't work.

Only drivers available to download are for 10.1 / 10.3.

Thomson website says no plan to release a 10.5 version soon....

ISP suggest buying a router- thanks very much ;)

So apologies for the thread hijack but which wireless router do you informed forumites reccommend?

Bearing in mind I'd still like to connect my old windoze pc too (for SWMBO to use)

tia

Chris

ps (First post so please be gentle with me)

pps (Mac newbie too)

All right, I'm looking for OSX drivers for USB ADSL modems with GlobeSpan GS7470 (Quasar) chipset. I've found that this models have it onboard:

IPM Datacom speedweb (0fe8/8101)

Solwise SAR103

Nortek 2021 (0fe8/8111)

Siemens Santis 10 (0915/8101)

BT Voyager 100 (1690/0209)

D-Link DSL-200 (REV B1)

Mine: Acorp Sprinter@ADSL USB+

Tried to google it but didn't get success results...

There is a driver for D-Link DSL-200 but it was built for PowerPC, here it is. Is it possible to reconfigure?