Installing OS X 10.2 to a G3 B&W Mac from a dmg format

blackman89

8 posts in this topic

hi guys,

i have an old G3 B&W mac, which doesnt work, and i want to install OSX 10.2 onto it.

i have a .dmg file for disc one and two, but im not sure how to burn them so that the install will start up, can anyone suggest how to do it. my girlfriends mum just bought a new imac, would this help me?

thanks in advance

Nick

Welcome to the Genius Bar. Here's how this forum works:

2. This is not the forum for asking questions. If you have a question about a thread that's already here, feel free to ask it.

Just don't start a thread for a specific question. Use the other forums here for that.

If you post a new thread here with a question about a problem you're having, we'll have to delete it, just to keep things clean.

Thanks for the report.

Moved to OS X (10.0 - 10.4).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've got an equal problem. I've got iBook G3 and I want to install Mac OS X Tiger. I've downloaded Tiger's image already, moreover, I've burnt it with MagicISO (from *.dmg file) - but after reboot (I'm holding the C button) installation process doesn't begin. I suspect that I need to burn bootable CD, and the question is - how can I burn bootable Mac OS CD on my PC?