System Profiler Recognizes Hard Drive, Not Listed As An Install Location

foodfightr

4 posts in this topic

I've been trying to install the tub girl version of OSx86 on my AMD machine.

Last night I was able to get into the installation GUI and choose english as my language.

The second step is to choose where you would like to have OSX installed. There is just an empty white square where a list of installation locations / hard drives should be. (I presume)

I went to the system profiler section of the installation and under hard drives it lists my ATA drive by its model number. (WD160GBAJHUAHJD, something like this)

It knows it is there but I can't install to it!

The hard drive is brand new from best buy. Its the only hard drive I have installed.

Honestly TubGirls release never worked on 5 different machines for me Use the Uphuck DVD its the best by far. No disrespect to Tubgirl I am sure a lot of work went into it

Also make sure you Partition is not GUID and set to Master boot Record

;)

If you havn't set up partitions before attempting to install then you have to go to Tools > Disk Utility in the Installer to create a partition for your files. If you havn't partitioned your harddrive in more than 1 partition, then you're screwed as you can not shrink an existing partition with other OS. So back to the other os, shrink and prepare some free space on the harddrive.