Update Leopard AMD with 10.5.1

max33

28 posts in this topic

I will explain how i did and i will put all the files for newbee.

Before beginning all i explain is what i could read in a lot of topic.

I can't do anything without the community and this post is only to resume for newbee .

1st How i did?

ps:I personnaly backup all NVDA kext and the Geforce kext (just in case)

I download the update on appleI extract all the contents on my desktop with pacifist (excellent prog!)

You will have a file named "File MacOSXUpd10.5.1"I use the Marvin's AMD Utility to create the replace script and the cpuid.txt

To do this open Marvin's AMD Utility

In "Select a Volume/Directory to Scan" Click on Browse and choose the file "File MacOSXUpd10.5.1"

Then click on the 2nd button named "Create Patcher Package"

Wait .....(I personnaly had 165 Candidates files to test)

You will now have a file on your desktop named "AMD.Patch.Folder"

On it you will found a file named with the date and in it a file named patches.

In this file you need to mod the cpuid.txt by removing /Users/XXX/Desktop/DossierMacOSXUpd10.5.1/Dossier MacOSXUpd10.5.1 in all the lines (XXX is the name of your user)

The 1st line will be /Applications/iCal.app/Contents/MacOS/iCal instead of /Users/XXX/Desktop/Dossier MacOSXUpd10.5.1/Dossier MacOSXUpd10.5.1/Applications/iCal.app/Contents/MacOS/iCal.

Then mod the replace.sh file by removing /Users/XXX/Desktop/Dossier MacOSXUpd10.5.1/Dossier MacOSXUpd10.5.1 in the 3 last lines

So instead of

do_replace 'Finder' "$E" '/Users/OSX/Desktop/Dossier MacOSXUpd10.5.1/DossierMacOSXUpd10.5.1/System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/MacOS'

do_replace 'loginwindow' "$E" '/Users/OSX/Desktop/Dossier MacOSXUpd10.5.1/DossierMacOSXUpd10.5.1/System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/MacOS'

do_replace 'mds' "$E" '/Users/OSX/Desktop/Dossier MacOSXUpd10.5.1/DossierMacOSXUpd10.5.1/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/Metadata.framework/Versions/A/Support'

You must have

do_replace 'Finder' "$E" '/System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/MacOS'

do_replace 'loginwindow' "$E" 'System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/MacOS'

do_replace 'mds' "$E" '/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/Metadata.framework/Versions/A/Support'

Now copy the file patches in the root directory /

Now you install the update like in a real mac but you don't reboot.

When the install it's finish copy the mach_kernel of toh (you could get it on irc.osx86.hu but i will upload it in the newbee section)

then reboot .

On the boot select -s option to go to the terminal

go to the patches directory (cd /patches)

Apply the script (./replace.sh and ./patcher ./cpuid.txt)then reboot

and you must have a 10.5.1 ...

2nd For newbee

Get the file all you need i upload

Decompress and copy the patches file in /

Download the update on apple site and execute it but don't reboot.

When the update is finish copy the mach_kernel in / and open terminal

type :sudo -s (type your password)

cd /chmod 644 mach_kernel && chown root:wheel mach_kernel

Reboot now and press F8 and select -s in order to boot in single user and get a terminal

typefsck -fy

mount -uw /

cd /patches

./replace.sh

./patcher ./cpuid.txt

reboot

and now you must have a perfect 10.5.1

I got a problem with upload because my file is bigger than 2MB.

You can get it on

[REMOVED]

Sorry.....

Nice how to dident work for me System crashed halfway thru apple update and wouldent reboot Lucky for Time Machine :( saved my a$$ from a full install again think it must have been some moded kexts

Really, a 10.5.1 AMD SSE2/3 install disk/ISO with all the drivers, especially popular audio/video/network.

I could have helped, but possess little knowledge, unlike I do with Linux. Someone has to be kind enough to make one such install disk for US.

Thanks Max for the great Guide.Just a question before I take the plunge though...Does this update allow you to boot in 64bit mode or is -legacy required?

I don't know if it boot in 64bit but i didn't need -legacy

Nice how to dident work for me System crashed halfway thru apple update and wouldent reboot Lucky for Time Machine :rolleyes: saved my a$$ from a full install again think it must have been some moded kexts

Sorry for you ....If you need a kext don't hesitate to ask...

Do you use Apple update or do you download the dmg and execute it?

I personnaly donwload the dmg and execute it.....

How do you use Time machine?

Do you boot on your patched DVD?

I think it could be a good tuto.........

I will explain how i did and i will put all the files for newbee.Before beginning all i explain is what i could read in a lot of topic.I can't do anything without the community and this post is only to resume for newbee .1st How i did?...
You didn't read my guide, right? [Mini Guide] Update to 10.5.1 on AMD

Care about that, not all files are permited here, see board rules: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act=boardrules

Do you use Apple update or do you download the dmg and execute it?

I personnaly donwload the dmg and execute it.....

How do you use Time machine?

Do you boot on your patched DVD?

I think it could be a good tuto.........

Yeah i downloaded the DMG from apple.

booted into my Leo Flat image drive to copy latest backup back into my leopard drive and fixed permsions works well

Great! It works for Me! Thank you

Install 10.5.1 sucessfully and fully working except system profiler on AMD 3500+ / SI3114 SATA / NForce4 LAN/ 7600GT

The last issue is the RAID 0 on SATA which has no drivers, never mind!!

The 10.5.1 update remove my error 35 on "CFGetHostUUIDString"

Gog

You didn't read my guide, right? [Mini Guide] Update to 10.5.1 on AMDCare about that, not all files are permited here, see board rules: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act=boardrules
I read a lot of topic since a week on Insanely,on osx86scene,on irc and didn( t remember when i get all the info.I don't want to say that i did it alone and sorry if i upset you.........My goal was only to resume for newbee ....
Great! It works for Me! Thank youInstall 10.5.1 sucessfully and fully working except system profiler on AMD 3500+ / SI3114 SATA / NForce4 LAN/ 7600GT The last issue is the RAID 0 on SATA which has no drivers, never mind!!The 10.5.1 update remove my error 35 on "CFGetHostUUIDString"Gog
For system Profiler go http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2240And for CFGetHostUUIDString the file needed is IONetworkingFamily.kext....

Hey max, my machines specs is almost exact to yours. How does Leopard perform on a single core athlon?

Pretty great !!!!!!!

Better then 10.4.10.

I test imovie 08, iphoto 08,toast 8.0.3,Safari,mail,itunes,vlc,pages08 All workin great....

Even xbench gives me better score......

I read a lot of topic since a week on Insanely,on osx86scene,on irc and didn( t remember when i get all the info.I don't want to say that i did it alone and sorry if i upset you

I am not upset with you :D

Finaly got it to work after a full reinstall.

Had to do the update from my other Leo install "The Flat Image" just picked my ToH leo Drive with the installer couse it still froze halfway into the update if i tryed it from the ToH install.

got EFI working as well every thing works perfect now

leo actually boots in about 5 seconds this is the best it has ever run on my PC not a glitch.

thanks for the help max33 :(

post-140629-1195980911_thumb.jpg

im using toh's release and ive done the amd patcher trick to make it work. Altough ive managed to get all my hardware work im having some trouble with the system profiler thing. I cant get it work and it just crashing all the time. Is there any fix for this? Do i have to install efi to make it work? I dont even know what efi is to be honest i know its sort of the apple's bios but i dont know if thats gonna screw my bootloader and such. Plz someone help..