Problems with LEOPARD and network

sesse

16 posts in this topic

I succesfully used RealtekR1000 driver from sourceforge in JaS 10.4.8(even if JaS 10.4.8 was pretty unstable on my computer). Now I have installed Leopard (which works very very fine), with the same drivers, but my internet connection lasts only for a couple of minutes, then dies. If I restart, here we go again ... it lasts for a couple of minutes, then dies again .... and so on ... (I use a Cable Modem and DHCP. The MAC address used by Realtek NIC in internet connection is the one of my Cable Modem)

dxdiag from win looks like that, regarding NIC:

Name: Realtek RTL8169/8110 Family Gigabit Ethernet NIC

Device ID: PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8167&SUBSYS_820D1043&REV_10\4&71586A9&0&3899

Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\Rtnicxp.sys, 5.657.0814.2006 (English), 8/31/2006 05:54:44, 81280 bytes

Do I have to edit RealtekR1000.kext in some way to make it work?

Is there a solution for my problem

Hello,

I have the same problem.

I've 2 NIC's , 1 ViaRhine and 1 Realtek.

The problems are with both NIC's so I thinks it's not a driver problem.

Maybe someone had a sollution because this is a real annoying problem.

Greetz

Axethrower

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't work by replacing IONetworkingFamily.kext with the one from the Tiger. Still dies after a random number of minutes.

Anyone know how to change mac address in Leopard?

sudo ifconfig en1 lladdr new_mac_address

sudo ifconfig en1 ether new_mac_address

Those two commands didn't work for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wonder if buying a router and let him manage dhcp ip address (and setting my computer a static ip address) would solve my problem ... because internet connection dies when trying to update ip address from dhcp server although the lease period didn't expire ... Anyone tried this ?

I had the same problem, now solved copying an old version of IONetworkingFamily.kext and then repair permissions

thanks to everybody and Marry Christmas

Can u attach IONetworkingFamily.kext that worked for you ... maybe it will work for me too, cause the one from JaS 10.4.8 I have tried didn't worked for me.