I would like to make my own server

6 posts in this topic

I have a 10 year old machine just collecting dust and I'd like to get some use out if by making my own server, the only problem is I do not know what is needed.

So could someone please just give me a few links and what not to get me started?

ps. I know google is my friend.

have a look at contribs.org at SMS server, its a complete server package & only takes a few mins to install and configure. It icludes out of the box, firewall, web & mail server, with working spam and virus scanning. samba is also working and easily configured as a domain controller.

What kind of server do you want ? If u are talking about a web server, ou can download the free Apache. I don't know what OS you have on your old PC. But Apache works on Mac, Linux and Windows. You can also download xAMP as a package. save you a lot of trouble on configuration. In case you don't know, x means whatever OS you use, A means Apache, M means MySql and P means PHP. For an old machine I would say use Linux. If you need help with server please let me know as I have quit some experience with server. All my machines are servers, including my laptop. :(

Oh, I too am interested in the AMD post installation patch for the ToH 10.5, can you help me with that? I search the p-bay came up with no result.

MacPaq

• 2 weeks later...