28 posts in this topic

There's no way in hell it takes me almost 30 minutes to connect the following:

Power

Monitor

Keyboard

Mouse

Speakers

On a regular PC.

Before I got my MBP, I've been doing it almost every weekend at LAN parties. So that 26 yo dude is an idiot.

I see no IR receivers nor webcams in the video. The guy takes 20 extra minutes to plug the screen and speakers and turn the thing on. BTW, i think other companies make laptops too!!
He said current iMacs. That video is of the original iMac, which is over 9 years old now. Also, he didn't take 20 minutes extra before turning it on. It took 20 minutes longer to get online, because he had much more setup to go through on the software side. Of course, OS X setup takes much longer than OS 8 setup since it has users and everything. In the iMac video, it had Mac OS 8, which booted to the Finder on the very first boot, rather than asking to create a user, where you plan to use the computer, if you have a .Mac account, etc like OS X does.
There's no way in hell it takes me almost 30 minutes to connect the following:Before I got my MBP, I've been doing it almost every weekend at LAN parties. So that 26 yo dude is an idiot.
You set up a new computer every time you go to a LAN party? Most of that time was something that would only take place in a new computer setup, such as entering the 20 or so digit Windows key.

He said current iMacs. That video is of the original iMac, which is over 9 years old now. Also, he didn't take 20 minutes extra before turning it on. It took 20 minutes longer to get online, because he had much more setup to go through on the software side. Of course, OS X setup takes much longer than OS 8 setup since it has users and everything. In the iMac video, it had Mac OS 8, which booted to the Finder on the very first boot, rather than asking to create a user, where you plan to use the computer, if you have a .Mac account, etc like OS X does.

My problem is with Apple's dubious marketing ethics, not with their products.