ATI HD2600 Mobility Support

newkind

37 posts in this topic

Little temporary solution in my message posted below !! Thanks to lastExile !!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi!

My specs :

Notebook : Toshiba P200-14H

Graphic card: ATI HD2600 Mobility

I've got my own patched leopard dvd using brazilmac patch. When i boot the dvd everything looks fine in -v (verbose) mode, but when the installer screen should come up i can see only weird colour dots which change a little bit when i move my mouse. I've tried to apply natit kexts to the patch, and create one more dvd with those kexts included, but right now when install screen enters my screen in notebook goes black just like it would turn self off. Any solution ? Thank You

Screen attached : hpim0168900x672shklpe2.th.jpg

i;ve already solve it ... just run the installer with the parameters : -x -f -v, leopard installs without any problem, but then you will have to apply special patches for the radeon hd cards ... currently only working with dvi2vga, so i'm very sad coz my hd2600 is in the notebook and i can manage to get any picture on the screen ;/

so,can you be able to enter the normal mode without yours screen problem

I also manage to enter the safe boot mode under(-x -f -v),but the screen quality is really bad which is only 1024x768,is there any driver in order to tackle this problem??

One more thing i would like to ask is You mentioned that you installed Leopard via -x -f -v...but,for me, it just asked me to register and so on......

It did not require any installation then i am able to run it

Write under Leopard's safe boot mode

with those parameters -x -f -v installtion looked normal, just like on the every other pc ... but i haven't managed to run the system without dvi2vga (which i don't have), i'll try to boot in single user mode right now from dvd and also use those parameters to boot the system so we will see ...

hi

i have the same problem on my desktop pc

sapphire hd2600xt

i can only boot with -x option and it works great at 1024x768

if i boot withtout options i got kernel panic

tomorrow i'll try to use the kext from radeonhd channel on irc..

i'll give you an answer if i got some good results (i really hope so!!!)

cya

thanks to lastExile's help i managed to run my leopard on my notebook with hd2600 mobility without dvi2vga or external monitor (and not in safe mode) :D so right know almost everything works, but without quartz or any other hardware acceleration, but it works :D i can't play movies in vlc (but i can without any problem and at full speed in quicktime or divx player), i also can't run any of the burning programs like toast titanium, disco but who cares :) it works almost like a charm :D if you get weird dot's it's because theres duplicated dev id in atiradeonx2000.kext, just remove your card id from that kext and it should work :D

How to remove my card id ???

run in safe mode, check in system profiler your vendor and dev id for your card for an example vendor : 1002 (ATI) and dev id: 9851 (HD2600Mobility) and edit the ATIRadeonX2000.kext, find the line where it says 0X<DEVID><VENDOR> example for me 0x98511002 and delete it, save, copy modified kext to your extensions, fix permissions, reboot

thanks to lastExile's help i managed to run my leopard on my notebook with hd2600 mobility without dvi2vga or external monitor (and not in safe mode) :D so right know almost everything works, but without quartz or any other hardware acceleration, but it works ;) i can't play movies in vlc (but i can without any problem and at full speed in quicktime or divx player), i also can't run any of the burning programs like toast titanium, disco but who cares :D it works almost like a charm :D if you get weird dot's it's because theres duplicated dev id in atiradeonx2000.kext, just remove your card id from that kext and it should work :D

Niiiice!!! ;)

Can you tell us how you did that newkind?!

cheers

I am on leopard ;) !!!

So I succeed into making that HD2600 to works ... But only in 1024x768 and with :

Moniteur :

Résolution : 1024 x 768

Profondeur : Couleurs 32 bits

Core Image : Logiciel

Moniteur principal : Oui

Miroir : Désactivé

Connecté : Oui

Quartz Extreme : Non géré

:wacko: ....

I there any amelioration for our graphic's card ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...