Cannot enable netkas's speedstep on ToH

e-ghost

9 posts in this topic

Dear guys,

I have downloaded and installed the speedstep pack of netkas from netkas. After installed both ACPICPUThrottle.kext, AppleSMBIOS.kext, AppleACPIPlatform, Speedstep.app (no AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext on my system), I got the following error message when boot with -v:

Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

My leopard was installed by ToH RC2 SSE3. Nothing was found by "ps -ax | grep -i cputhrottle" so I guess the ACPICPUThrottle.kext was not enabled also. I clicked SpeedStep.app but no response. Do anyone know how can I make it works? Anyone encountered similar issue?

Please help me. Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

e-Ghost!

reinstall? my leopard can still run with 2 cores besides of the error message during booting....

but as it is a notebook, better to have speedstep with it.... (sleep is very critical to me as I need to move around urgently in most of the time)

thanks!

As the ACPICPUThrottle.kext doesn't load at all (nothing was found by 'ps -ax | grep -i cputhrottle' ) so I boot in OSX and manual kextload it. It got the following:

========================================

bash-3.2# kextload -t ACPICPUThrottle.kext

extension ACPICPUThrottle.kext has potential problems:

Warnings

{

"Kext has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style" = true

}

kextload: extension ACPICPUThrottle.kext appears to be loadable

kextload: kmod_control/start failed for com.OSx86Project.kext.ACPICPUThrottle; destroying kmod

kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension ACPICPUThrottle.kext

link/load failed for extension ACPICPUThrottle.kext

(run kextload with -t for diagnostic output)

========================================

Any idea? Thanks!

anyone have can help me on this? someone said if we kextload -t it many times, sometimes we won't get then:

kextload: kmod_control/start failed for com.OSx86Project.kext.ACPICPUThrottle; destroying kmod

kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension ACPICPUThrottle.kext

link/load failed for extension ACPICPUThrottle.kext

and able to load it. anyone tried before?

Many thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had the same kernel panic, you're describing but, it wasn't caused by the installation of netkas package. It happened when I installed pc_efi. I finally solved the problem by using the applesmbios.kext that is included in the pc-efi package and I had to add dsmos.kext in /System/Library/Extensions. Unfortunately, I don't remember where I downloaded it. I also had to delete the file appleefiruntime.kext. After you're finished with these manipulations, it wouldn't hurt to repair permissions too.